Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for the interest in the classified, still a long way from thinning down to the numbers I want to keep. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions,,,, nice selection here !

2. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I waterproofed my hands once. Took almost a week to get it all off. Now I wear gloves before treating my leather. It was a hard lesson to learn.

3. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Hello Pennsylvania... we're right around the corner and a lot of fun! Cull down your flock before winter or catch a great deal from someone who is.

[​IMG]

If you're on Facebook, like our page, help us promote our swap and take a chance on winning a FREE coop!

[​IMG]

4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    oh no Ropo! Prayers for your Okie friends.

Shelbear, we'll miss you, hope you get your net up and running soon.

Mama2my: Gorgeous!

We are still at 3 for MsLadyHawks babies, they are quite sticky, but otherwise running around peeping, healthy looking and simply adorable! My one Cochin that is in with her babies is an absolute mess, stuck in the shell, but won't give up.

Although....I had at least one hatch under my broody and it is black and fluffy and cute! Yay! We put 8 eggs under her, 2 were very questionable, but they didn't smell and weren't obviously clear, so under they went! Going to keep a close eye on her today so we can pop any eggs she leaves behind into the bator (first time broody)

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I am so sorry. Send out good thoughts to OK today.

6. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Thanks. You know, after my last two hatches being SO horrible, I was sure I would lose all of these. But I got 9 out of 10 from shipped eggs That blows my mind. I wanted this breed so badly and am so happy they hatched!

7. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    How is your humidity? I lowered mine a little this past hatch and it seems to have made ALL the difference!

Hope you get some more babies today!

8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    I've been feeling like the humidity is too Low, ran a dry hatch until lock-down. Humidity was between 16 and 22? Never above 30. Filled with water on day 18 and it's been hovering in between 40's and 50's. I don't think my hydrometer is correct, but do think it was an awfully dry hatch as the air cells were ginormous on day 18.

Bantam baby got out of his egg (ginumbus comb) and was just not right. We stuck him under the broody who tucked him right in under her, very sweet. Here's hoping!

9. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    here is what I was told...

Incubation humidity between 30-40, hatching humidity 50-60. I also lowered the temp just a tad during hatching. I just changed it after having two AWFUL hatches and this time I got 11 out of 12 hatch. One pipped good, but didn't make it out.

Hope your baby pulls through!

10. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I went out to the coop this morning to find my new buff brahma roo dead. Don't know what happened, he was just dead. :( My son is so upset

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by