Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

A little something for everyone here, Black Copper Marans, Standard Cochins, Silver Laced Wyandottes, Assortment of Layer Pullets...

Setting up Coops and deciding how many to keep in each flock.

Has anyone ever crossed Standard Cochin and Ameracauna??? Thinking it might be cool to have a fluffy Easter Egger !

Thinning out the numbers,,, classified listed in Chicks 1 day to 8 weeks old ....check it out. Some are older, easier to sex, quite a few pullets, thank goodness.

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
D.gif
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the interest in the classified, still a long way from thinning down to the numbers I want to keep. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions,,,, nice selection here !

Hello Pennsylvania... we're right around the corner and a lot of fun! Cull down your flock before winter or catch a great deal from someone who is.

If you're on Facebook, like our page, help us promote our swap and take a chance on winning a FREE coop!

oh no Ropo! Prayers for your Okie friends.

Shelbear, we'll miss you, hope you get your net up and running soon.

Mama2my: Gorgeous!

We are still at 3 for MsLadyHawks babies, they are quite sticky, but otherwise running around peeping, healthy looking and simply adorable! My one Cochin that is in with her babies is an absolute mess, stuck in the shell, but won't give up.

Although....I had at least one hatch under my broody and it is black and fluffy and cute! Yay! We put 8 eggs under her, 2 were very questionable, but they didn't smell and weren't obviously clear, so under they went! Going to keep a close eye on her today so we can pop any eggs she leaves behind into the bator (first time broody)

Hey guys. Scary night for me here...watching my home state go up in flames. My friends, family...I want to Leo them but can't from PA.
If I could humbly ask, that everyone take a moment to pray for rain, wish or send thoughts of rain to Oklahoma, I know I would appreciate it.
Give me tornadoes any day.

I am so sorry. Send out good thoughts to OK today.

Originally Posted by mama2my4

Here is my hatch!

Congrats!!! They are adorable. I have a wonderful home for them if you need it...wink wink : D

Thanks. You know, after my last two hatches being SO horrible, I was sure I would lose all of these. But I got 9 out of 10 from shipped eggs That blows my mind. I wanted this breed so badly and am so happy they hatched!

We are still at 3 for MsLadyHawks babies, they are quite sticky, but otherwise running around peeping, healthy looking and simply adorable! My one Cochin that is in with her babies is an absolute mess, stuck in the shell, but won't give up.
Although....I had at least one hatch under my broody and it is black and fluffy and cute! Yay! We put 8 eggs under her, 2 were very questionable, but they didn't smell and weren't obviously clear, so under they went! Going to keep a close eye on her today so we can pop any eggs she leaves behind into the bator (first time broody)

How is your humidity? I lowered mine a little this past hatch and it seems to have made ALL the difference!

Hope you get some more babies today!

I've been feeling like the humidity is too Low, ran a dry hatch until lock-down. Humidity was between 16 and 22? Never above 30. Filled with water on day 18 and it's been hovering in between 40's and 50's. I don't think my hydrometer is correct, but do think it was an awfully dry hatch as the air cells were ginormous on day 18.

Bantam baby got out of his egg (ginumbus comb) and was just not right. We stuck him under the broody who tucked him right in under her, very sweet. Here's hoping!

here is what I was told...

Incubation humidity between 30-40, hatching humidity 50-60. I also lowered the temp just a tad during hatching. I just changed it after having two AWFUL hatches and this time I got 11 out of 12 hatch. One pipped good, but didn't make it out.

Hope your baby pulls through!

Back
Top Bottom