Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Any chance you're headed to the dragon tomorrow? I could use a bag of whole corn...maybe test the 'active crop' theory.

Blarney:

If you meet up with Wing, can you grab a bag for me too?...I've herd if you feed too much corn to you horse it will begin sweating...I don't really know, but, worth a try....

Brittany, my guineas are right in wirh my chickens. Occasionally the guinea cocks will go after the roos & pluck a few tail feathers but no real damage done. Guineas are very noisy so you don't want them if crowing roos are an issue because both male & female guineas are very loud. They are excellent at eating bugs & ticks & will kill & eat snakes, mice, rats & moles. They do tend to range a bit further than chickens & are more likely to roost in trees if not penned. They fly quite well. Minr are penned because I have close neighbors.

[COLOR=0000FF]Any chance you're headed to the dragon tomorrow? I could use a bag of whole corn...maybe test the 'active crop' theory.[/COLOR]

Blarney:

If you meet up with Wing, can you grab a bag for me too?...I've herd if you feed too much corn to you horse it will begin sweating...I don't really know, but, worth a try....

So yer in the market for a sweaty horse? Ok, will do - if I hear back from Wing... BTW...Still haven't started my hard cider, and DH broke into my stash of Apple Juice last night!

Brittany, my guineas are right in wirh my chickens. Occasionally the guinea cocks will go after the roos & pluck a few tail feathers but no real damage done. Guineas are very noisy so you don't want them if crowing roos are an issue because both male & female guineas are very loud. They are excellent at eating bugs & ticks & will kill & eat snakes, mice, rats & moles. They do tend to range a bit further than chickens & are more likely to roost in trees if not penned. They fly quite well. Minr are penned because I have close neighbors.

Silkie, I've considered housing Guineas with my goats as our first summer with the goats, ticks were a real problem. Now it seems as if the goats have cleared so much of the vegetation that it is no longer a problem. I had really hoped for a winter pasture for the goats so I could rotate them , but it looks like that's not going to happen this year. : (

[COLOR=0000FF]Any chance you're headed to the dragon tomorrow? I could use a bag of whole corn...maybe test the 'active crop' theory.[/COLOR]

Blarney:

So yer in the market for a sweaty horse? Ok, will do - if I hear back from Wing... BTW...Still haven't started my hard cider, and DH broke into my stash of Apple Juice last night!

Silkie, I've considered housing Guineas with my goats as our first summer with the goats, ticks were a real problem. Now it seems as if the goats have cleared so much of the vegetation that it is no longer a problem. I had really hoped for a winter pasture for the goats so I could rotate them , but it looks like that's not going to happen this year. : (

I tie my goats out daily. No fences to escape from & they can only eat what they can reach.

Good to know thanks! And I showed Zach your post....all he said was good god more chickens. yours havent even laid yet to pay their rent! haha But he will be the first to try and find bugs for them while we are out to feed them! :)

Sorry folks, I have to work tonight...no green dragon for me......no worries the corn is plentiful this year........black Friday is a possibility, wonder if they will be open, or if the place will be packed or empty.

Brittany, my guineas are right in wirh my chickens. Occasionally the guinea cocks will go after the roos

Good to know thanks! And I showed Zach your post....all he said was good god more chickens.  yours havent even laid yet to pay their rent! haha But he will be the first to try and find bugs for them while we are out to feed them! :)

I just hatched a bunch of peeps if you need some! I also have several that are 1-2 months old available.

I just hatched a bunch of peeps if you need some! I also have several that are 1-2 months old available.

Oh my..... What do you have?
Here's momma with 14 that range 2 weeks to still hatching. I just keep handing her babies & she takes them...lol

Roos are EE & cream legbar. Hens are rainbow layers of assorted breeds & mixes.

This little fluff ball has the poofiest cheeck I've ever seen. Really showing it's Ameraucana heritage.

Back
Top Bottom