Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Yes, I will take 2 of them, now how about that naked neck, seriously, for some reason nobody wants this one, Some people like them but I just think it is a very strange looking bird, not sure of gender, it is mixed with ee and I go back and forth as to roo or hen......Anyone.......I also have a few other roo's free to good homes or dinner....A glw that was a return because the person only wanted hens, a few black sex link males also....

2. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    How old are they?

3. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    [​IMG]
    Hatch date of may 23, this is an old pic, they are alot bigger now.
    [​IMG]

4. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    [​IMG]
    glw, that turned out to be a roo, he is now 21 weeks old, small for age, but he is hatchery stock so anything is possible, he is a very calm roo, he is just to timid and gets picked on to stay in my flock..

Anyone.....I really do not want to house all my roo's for the winter, most will become dinner if they do not find homes.

5. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Are all those roos?

6. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    No, this is from when they were still in the grow pens, most are ee mixes, out of the 10 from the hatch, I got atleast 4 roo's,,,,,I only planned on keeping 2 or 3 of the ee's but for some reason, I just could not get these chicks sold....so now it is time to downsize for the winter, and some have to go,,,,,,,, extra hens I have been swapping for birds that i really want and extra roo's, If anyone has a place for them, they are welcome to come pick them up.

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Just wanted to share yesterday's hatch with you. It was a very bad one, but I did get these two little loves out if it!!

[​IMG]

And patrickschick, if I didn't already have SO MANY roos.....

8. gardengal7279

gardengal7279 Out Of The Brooder

How precious!!!

9. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    mama, what kind of incubator do you have? As many times as I swear I will not incubate (that is why I have broodies), I am starting to want a bator "just in case". Really! [​IMG] I do not have a chicken math problem.

10. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Okay. I'm not a huge naked neck fan but that buff one is cute

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by