Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I am a little worried..............

today might be the day when my picnic tarp crashes down...............with all the heavy wet snow on top.......

and it is already beaten down from all this years weather............has some tears in it.........and its bending down

I am afraid to try to take the snow off myself and cause the rupture................time will tell!

If It goes down----I just hope no chickens are underneath and

then also what will I do for a roof until spring.......................oh no...................

Lisa:

I have shoveled snow off the tarp over my pen twice...I was looking at Harbor Freight and they had canopies pretty cheap....I may do my own with PCV and tarps...my crew is dedicated to staying in the coop....well the baby roo is the exception....I had the pen open yesterday and he refused to go back in....he was manually relocated....

HA! OMGoodness huge CCL egg, I guess I will have to attempt a hatch, HUGENESS this pic does NOT do it justice....

That hen is like "I CANT BELIEVE YOU WOULD TAKE THAT AFTER I DELIVERED IT!)

STILL SNOWING and now BLOWING!!! but it musta blew snow off my roof as I have internet again!!

Nice Pics!!!!

I am having CCL envy....grrrr....lol.....

I am located in Fayette County Pa...I haven't any clue who might be close enough to swap the or to purchase off of! I even have lots of fertile buff Orpington eggs, all 5 of the girls lay daily!
BB:

This is the link....http://www.communitywalk.com/pa_bycers/map/1552784

If you post your zip code MissyDCPC can add you to the link...however, I've suggested this to others and I don't think she's logged in recently....anybody talked to Missy lately?

In the past 2 days, I have plopped the following into my bator:
35 rainbow layers
4 polish (may be crested EE)
12 Ancona ducks
1 turkey (looks like a palm)
don't forget to save room for the scovies,..

would you happen to know if these east indie's are sexable at this age, if I go by size trhan I have 2 drake out of 8.....my odds are never that good so I must be wrong, and do you remember how long it took yours to start laying, just wondering cause folks want eggs as soon as possible..

In the past 2 days, I have plopped the following into my bator:

35 rainbow layers

4 polish (may be crested EE)

12 Ancona ducks

1 turkey (looks like a palm)

don't forget to save room for the scovies,..

would you happen to know if these east indie's are sexable at this age,   if I go by size trhan I have 2 drake  out of 8.....my odds are never that good so I must be wrong,   and do you remember how long it took yours to start laying, just wondering cause folks want eggs as soon as possible..

I have another entire bator empty & waiting on your eggs. ;)
As for the indies, since they are hatched so early this year, you could see eggs late summer or early fall. If not, they should definitely be laying by next spring. For sexing ducklings, wait until these babies are 4-6 days old (I do calls at a week old & bigger breeds at 2-3 days) & they can be vent sexed very easily. Press down & out just like on a rabbit. Boys will be obvious. Girls will just have an opening.

Quote: I have another entire bator empty & waiting on your eggs.
wink.png

As for the indies, since they are hatched so early this year, you could see eggs late summer or early fall. If not, they should definitely be laying by next spring. For sexing ducklings, wait until these babies are 4-6 days old (I do calls at a week old & bigger breeds at 2-3 days) & they can be vent sexed very easily. Press down & out just like on a rabbit. Boys will be obvious. Girls will just have an opening.
really liking these guys, hate to say this on a chicken thread, but sometimes I like duckies better than chicks....I find the duck pen much more relaxing then the layer pen also.

Galgo, if you read that, I now understand your fascination with waterfowl, I always wonder why you didn't have chickens before.

really liking these guys,   hate to say this on a chicken thread, but sometimes I like duckies better than chicks....I find the duck pen much more relaxing then the layer pen also.

Galgo, if you read that, I now understand your fascination with waterfowl, I always wonder why you didn't have chickens before.

I like my ducks & geese, but the best of all are the turkeys!!!

Back
Top Bottom