Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Just posted a listing in "chicks 8 weeks and older" for some of my Black Standard Cochins.

Pullets and Roos ! Some really nice birds.

These are not culls,,, just too many here and I want to find them good homes !

Good selection here.

thanks, Ray

2. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

I think Patrick could use a Trio to add to his growing collection,,,, they're great with kids !

3. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

If they were bantam you would have a home for a few'! Dang it!

4. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    I don't think that I have reached out you folks yet, but us chicken friends could use some help. We are facing an 80% reduction in people who can legally have chickens in Michigan. We had the best protection in the nation, but now we are facing a major change in the rules that allow chickens and bees and farm markets here. If this proposal passes, we face losing the "farm" products that sustain us.
    http://www.beginningfarmers.org/urban-agriculture-in-michigan-threatened-by-new-rules/

I'm a displaced PA boy. Born in Huntingdon and reared in Tipton. My family was from there and Heston and parts there abouts. I grew up within sight of Lincoln Caverns on Route 22.
    If you care about keeping chickens, bees or small "farm" animals where you live, would you please send an e-mail to the Ag Commission here in Michigan?

Thank you.

5. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    It's tough and my daughters cornered me over the whole stealing lipstick thing! My 12yr old said" Dad! You are not taking my lipstick to wipe on chicken butts!" There has been one a day, some days it's two. And the eggs have been different looking. One was even a darker brown with chocolate brown spots (and it wasn't poop)

6. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Soooo...is that the ones that were in with Fred?

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

8. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    The bank manager that has chickens locally is going to be taking the lil ones that are left from the parking lot dump after you guys have yours taken out said " I have more hatching soon and a pile that are ready to go" So he said he is ready to stock me up too. You guys are all gonna have me over run with chickens too! lol

9. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Oh! and I encouraged him to join our lil gang of PA chicken fanatics

1 person likes this.
  10. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Ahhh! I see now why it's important for me to come over to grab that guy from you! Lure me in so I get enticed by the collections so I can feed my chicken addiction lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by