Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    just got caught in the field, picking up tobacco in the middle of that thunderstorm,,,,It's not everyday you get to wring your cloth out while wearing them......anyone have a cup of coffee?/

2. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Sure! I have a Keurig. Pick your flavor and strength!
    I waited until after the storm (like a normal person. Not that I am!) to gather eggs. I think Penny is crazy, and someone else too. My first egg was fine until the end. There it was so soft, it was sucked in. The dog didn't mind. He got to eat it.
    Penny's eggs are big enough that I didn't even notice it was her egg that was missing until I was kicking the litter back into the hole (it was a huge pile!) and saw her egg behind the water. I have been checking for hiding places the last few days since I found a nest by the pop door (there was a reason for that one). But wasn't expecting this today at all. Does anyone think she is still missing her brothers, or is she happening to feel broody? She is very young, but she started laying young. It wouldn't shock me.

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    RoPo made my broody hen very happy today and brought her a bunch of eggs to sit on. She had previously been trying to hatch pine shavings! Silly girl.... I got to check out her new ride (RoPo's, not the chicken's) and it is SWEET!

I so love having a crazy chicken buddy close by :)

4. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    anyone out there have bantam mottled cochins?

5. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

LF. I had to wait till 10 weeks to tell for sure. i am still new at this.
    I now have 12 out of 18.

6. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    That is awesome! Post pictures when you can!!

Mine little bantams are now about 5 weeks old and I can't tell at all!!

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Hehe!! I'm an enabler alright! :D After these two batches hatch, I'm done hatching until next year. If I need to at all now!

And it was NO problem at all mama2my4! :D I hope she hatches out a BUNCH of babies! :D Lord knows I'll be overrun in about another week.

Thanks on the comment on my new car! We drove it....ALOT today. LOVE it! Even at 80 she's still got perk to go faster! It's amazing not having to urge her on with kind words to make it up and past 70!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  8. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    [​IMG]

9. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]