Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    AWWWWWWWWWWW speaking of them blue part Brahma you do know I WAS trying to hatch silkies!!!!!!! only one made it to today day 14.... detatched cells

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    We are in Central PA (outside State College) but we have family in Berks County and Carbon County, so we travel that way fairly often. I can hook you up with silkies!!

[​IMG]

And I have more that are younger or older!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  3. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    #2 definitely, he's beautiful, blind eye and all.

Those babies are adorable...so glad I can't bring in any more right now...or they'd be coming home with me!

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  5. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I still like him better, but.........................................Are you sure of the circumstances surrounding his eye? If not I would not get him. With all the diseases that are flying around you have to be really careful. Is he yours, or are you buying?

6. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    That baby is soooooooooooo cute!

7. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    here is the situation : i got a call from a lady who is having a school project at her own expense. very thoughtful of her. she bought an incubator for the kids. so she wrote me and asked for eggs. i have no eggs at this time. she needs some.
    can anybody donate or small cost fee for eggs. i am local near york pa.

i know this should post in buy sell trade but i am trying to stay local without shipping.

8. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I can donate some. For free. When does she need them?

9. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I hatched him and 8 others from someone else's eggs. All the rest are fine and at first I thought it was just his eye protruding, but then the more I looked, I noticed his head was dented on that side. So, that is why I think he must have been crushed in the egg. Other than his eye, he seems fine and quite normal.

10. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Hard to say. How old are they?

I do incubate, but I am done for the year. One of my girls is sitting on some of RoPo's eggs. She went broody, so we gave her something to do, lol!

I have two pairs of blue/splash. The hens are both splash and the roos are both blue and they are all living together in harmony. Silkie roos will fight, but usually if they are raised together, they are ok. Or you can have a bachelor pad.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by