Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Look whats new in the Brooder!! 10 day old UNWANTED blue partridge brahma !! I cant keep all of them in the long run... but maybe one or two!! Now if this silkie hatches it will have a bud!!
And if the BCMxcomet hatch OH WOW!!! I am becoming a chicken humane society!! lol

Arent they cute! they are warming up now! Patrick... I OWE you.....so u better get building!!!

Look whats new in the Brooder!! 10 day old UNWANTED blue partridge brahma !! I cant keep all of them in the long run... but maybe one or two!! Now if this silkie hatches it will have a bud!!
And if the BCMxcomet hatch OH WOW!!! I am becoming a chicken humane society!! lol

Arent they cute! they are warming up now! Patrick... I OWE you.....so u better get building!!!

Oh, I would love to see these grow up!!

REALLY, I don't need more chicks... I DON'T... REALLY!!! Hmmmmmm.....

Ameraucana folks, I want to show you two Bantams and see what you think. They were hatched on on 8/7.

Does this look like a pullet? No bumps on the crown and it is light pink.

And what color would you say this is??

Ameraucana folks, I want to show you two Bantams and see what you think. They were hatched on on 8/7.

Does this look like a pullet? No bumps on the crown and it is light pink.

And what color would you say this is??

Mama, the first one looks like a pullet, second is a blue, without enough melanizers, pardon the spelling. It could turn out to be Self-Blue, or Lavender, but I see edging on the chest, and a little bit on the neck and hackle. That's what also tells me its a pullet because a cockerel would have a really dark blue/black head, neck, hackle. That's just my opinion. Its easier for me to tell on pattern birds, then a self colored bird. Now the black isn't an extended black.EE, I think its ER based on red. Its not a bad thing. They work really well to cross with blues/splashes, you will get better lacing. They will not have a true beetle green sheen. It will be more purple. The EE blacks have no lacing look to there feathers, and have the beetle green sheen. Those are the blacks, that are good to breed to other blacks. This is stuff I have learned from the ABC website, genetics threads, and some personal experience. I am not sure its set in stone, but at this moment is the best answer I have for you
big_smile.png

Mama, the first one looks like a pullet, second is a blue, without enough melanizers, pardon the spelling. It could turn out to be Self-Blue, or Lavender, but I see edging on the chest, and a little bit on the neck and hackle. That's what also tells me its a pullet because a cockerel would have a really dark blue/black head, neck, hackle. That's just my opinion. Its easier for me to tell on pattern birds, then a self colored bird. Now the black isn't an extended black.EE, I think its ER based on red. Its not a bad thing. They work really well to cross with blues/splashes, you will get better lacing. They will not have a true beetle green sheen. It will be more purple. The EE blacks have no lacing look to there feathers, and have the beetle green sheen. Those are the blacks, that are good to breed to other blacks. This is stuff I have learned from the ABC website, genetics threads, and some personal experience. I am not sure its set in stone, but at this moment is the best answer I have for you
big_smile.png

Thank you so much!! I am not planning on breeding these, just want the blue eggs :). But the little black has become a favorite, so I was really hoping she was in fact a she!!

Back
Top Bottom