Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

The process to find her is a pain in the tush, but she is the one that oversees the NPIP in PA and she is in and out of mtgs today. The secretary sent her my info to her phone so when she has a chance she is going to call so we can get on par for the spring and in general.
smile.png

Hmmm....Has anyone thrown a lil "sauce" in the chickens water in the winter to act as antifreeze? Can chickens have small doses of alcohol? Do drunk chickens lay eggs? If a chicken crosses the road than would she be eligible for citation for public intoxication? LMAO I could see the local police chief coming to the house, "Chad your chickens are drunk and messing with traffic!"
lau.gif
Oh my goodness! LOL! You are too much!

I was told too many chickens were getting hit in Clearfield County, and that I am not allowed to free range. I know ppl that do (including a business) but I don't want to risk ; A, getting in trouble B, my chicks getting hit C, I have no coverage, and a lot of hawks D, the retards next door probably have a million diseases running through their flock. Not to mention intestinal worms thanks to their wild cats.
I am jealous of everyone out that way who can free range. I so wish I could have had my aunt's farm!

Did you leave meassage for Dr. Hanshaw? 

Just spoke with a certified poultry tech in my area and I believe I know how I'm gonna do this!!! Think I'm gg to become a certified tech would make doing the tests soo much easier plus the I will know all the protocol!! Won't be that hard and is somewhere around 1.50 a bird to be tested ducks unfortunately are more grrr!!,

I was looking at the "how to heat your coop" or whatever that thread is on the main page. I don't heat, BUT the last page made me wonder. If PA actually gets a winter this year (you know. LOTS of snow, zero and below temps) how cold can the chickens get? I mean inside the coop. I was planing on insulation in the spring when I clean the coop, but DH might get me the stuff this Fall. So, I MIGHT have insulation, I use deep litter, and everyone is good with snuggling. No drafts. Now that all the stipulations are answered, what is the answer? Just how cold is too cold? Will the eggs freeze? How do I know they are cold?

I was told too many chickens were getting hit in Clearfield County, and that I am not allowed to free range. I know ppl that do (including a business) but I don't want to risk ; A, getting in trouble B, my chicks getting hit C, I have no coverage, and a lot of hawks D, the retards next door probably have a million diseases running through their flock. Not to mention intestinal worms thanks to their wild cats.
I am jealous of everyone out that way who can free range. I so wish I could have had my aunt's farm!
Mine really aren't free range per say. The ones that wanna go run around jump up and go on a walk about. the rest just chill

Back
Top Bottom