Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote:
Give Dr Tracy Moussa a call - 220-1661. She is near the Wal-Mart on the East Shore. She has chickens, and helped one of mine when it was sick.

Thank you! I will give her a call! Is she a good vet?

They are worried they will not have the meds to treat her correctly but did offer referral to vets who do treat chickens. One was in LAncaster and the other is a colonial park animal hospital in Harrisburg.

im on the bucks/montco border. Anyone have any Ausrtalorp, Buff Orp, or Barred Rock started pullets or hens.. Hell I will take a pair if anyone wants to part with any..

Quote:
Dr. John Hall at the VCA Smoketown Animal Hospital (Lancaster) is great and I highly recommend him. He has experience with a variety of birds, including chickens. Treated my hen for bumblefoot. Even called me at home to find out how she was doing. Here is a link to information about him. http://www.vcahospitals.com/smoketown/our-team/veterinarians.html
BTW
- Before I saw Dr. Hall, I took my hen to Dr. Tracy Moussa. She prescribed an antibiotic I had never heard of and an anti-inflammatory. After 5 days my hen had lost so much weight and became so weak she could not stand up for more than a few minutes. When I called Dr. Moussa for guidance, she wouldn't return my calls, and after my 3rd call she had someone who answered the phone tell me she couldn't help me any longer. Try Dr. Hall - he's great. Good luck to you!

Dr. Stern at the Avian and Feline Hospital in Camp Hill also treats chickens. I've taken my rabbit and cockatiel to her but never my chicken. http://www.avianandfelinehospital.com/

Last edited:
Quote:
Dr. John Hall at the VCA Smoketown Animal Hospital (Lancaster) is great and I highly recommend him. He has experience with a variety of birds, including chickens. Treated my hen for bumblefoot. Even called me at home to find out how she was doing. Here is a link to information about him. http://www.vcahospitals.com/smoketown/our-team/veterinarians.html
BTW
- Before I saw Dr. Hall, I took my hen to Dr. Tracy Moussa. She prescribed an antibiotic I had never heard of and an anti-inflammatory. After 5 days my hen had lost so much weight and became so weak she could not stand up for more than a few minutes. When I called Dr. Moussa for guidance, she wouldn't return my calls, and after my 3rd call she had someone who answered the phone tell me she couldn't help me any longer. Try Dr. Hall - he's great. Good luck to you!

Dr. Stern at the Avian and Feline Hospital in Camp Hill also treats chickens. I've taken my rabbit and cockatiel to her but never my chicken. http://www.avianandfelinehospital.com/

Thank you! This is very helpful!!! I did find the one in camp hill and called them and they don't have later hours or Saturday hours, so I am trying to figure a way to take her there, which is hard with my work hours. Too bad I am not closer to Lancaster!
But a good note, this morning, I seen some toe movement that wasn't there yesterday!!!

Quote:
Wish I was closer...hope you find one!

I went to quote you and goofed.....that's why the double post.
jumpy.gif

Thanks, but I already found one.
wink.png

Quote:
Ya know it says that on the website but when I called the receptionist said their last appt. is 5:30??? My girl is showing signs of improvement though!!! I had seen the first toe movement in her yesterday morning and even better this morning so I think things are going in the right direction for her!!!

Quote:
Ya know it says that on the website but when I called the receptionist said their last appt. is 5:30??? My girl is showing signs of improvement though!!! I had seen the first toe movement in her yesterday morning and even better this morning so I think things are going in the right direction for her!!!

Very glad to hear she seems to be doing better - hope she gets well!

Quote:

Very glad to hear she seems to be doing better - hope she gets well!

Is this hospital fairly priced? How much do they charge for an office visit (besides whatever they charge for what's wrong with your baby)?

Back
Top Bottom