Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Chicky Dee

Chicky Dee Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Anyone who has extra marans eggs in the spring could easily convince me to come and get some. I love that dark egg color. I have LF cochin eggs in the bator, but I just candled them and its not looking to promising. USPS strikes again. I also need a new candler. I think I have my boss convinced to make me one. I have brahma eggs coming the end of october. People think I am crazy, but when you are only getting 2-3 chicks a hatch the numbers don't add up. I can't wait until I have my own eggs!! With all the chicken math going on here, we could single handedly supply every person in PA with a chicken.

2. silver1313

silver1313 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Gettysburg, PA
    [​IMG] morning everyone .. wish i could go to dragon but no more traveling this week

3. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

I'm just up the road in Gardners if you need eggs...

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

Silver I would do a temp run with HOTHANDS and watch what kinda heat they put out.... maybe break one and keep a thermo on it...

Chad your welcome anytime! looks like we are both busy with building this weekend!! I need to make a poop board under the roost in the pallet coop, I have too many standard chickens in there... I always had bantams and had NO CLUE how much poop LF made!! ugggg/..... oh and LMAO Borrow Copper.... he sure would Mr stud muffin Copper!!

MotorcycleChick I think you just need to move closer to all us!! he he he and I would be glad to incubate eggs for more little ones!! AS LONG AS I DONT KEEP THEM!! You should see the 4 from Chad that hatched HOLY freakin cute.... My girls better lay soon or CHOPPING BLOCK

ANYONE KNOW a place that processes chickens for ya local?? I thought near frystown somewhere???? I sooo wish I could raise for meat, but I am a tenderhearted pussy in my age

RAY did you see the post I posted about sexing these chicks I hatched from your old guy now Chads guy????

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Sweet set up ya got there, Is the hammock for me? :D

6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Waaahhhh...I wanna go to Green Dragon....but I have to drive to NJ for the viewing/funeral......

I WILL get to Green Dragon one of these days....

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    It sure is!!! And there is a beverage waiting too!

8. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Well she said her roo just doesn't do the trick. I know now for a fact that copper can handle it. And as far as eggs, ummmm as many now. At any point in time could have 12-13/ day.

9. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Sussex? I just brought home a huge square medical cool last night. Guess what I'm gonna make? [​IMG] Gonna be able to hatch and fluff in this one !

10. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I don't have pure BCM eggs. I have BCM x . And am gonna throw the cuckoo marans hen in with copper. So than it will be BCM x CM

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by