Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Did you ever think to call? There is a place right by me that processes and they are inexpensive. Considering doing a run of meaty birds, but will not name a single one of them. And if I do that I will build a plucker. Thank God for youtube lol

2. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    There are some reasonably priced pluckers advertised in the latest "Hobby Farms; Chickens" magazine, but if you have the ability to make a plucker yourself, you should build a few, and sell them at the get togethers. You should also share the one you have. I have to drive almost two hours to get to the closest butcher. I may as well come see one of you, and ...
    Bad idea. If I am killing birds, I probably don't want to be talked (or "awwww!"ed) into more chickens. You would all send me away with twice as many as I was culling!

3. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    A friend of mine built one just with pvc pipe and cut tarp straps attached to a drill. He likes it! It's another take off of another youtube video. He only processes 10 at a time so it doesn't consume a whole saturday.

4. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Thought I had that hobby farms mag and realized it's popular farming series : chickens

lol

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Missy ~ ME TOO!! i havent been there for about 20 years!! FISH SAMMYS!!! YUMMMY!! LOL

CHAD~ What ever am I gonna do with all these eggs when my LF Mays start laying... FRESH EGGS FOR SALE SIGN COMIN UP......Anyday now....COME ON ***!! I put a timer light in there now, gonna wake their arses up!!

BATOR time !!!!! WOOOOH WHOOO!! I may have to pass along a broody silkie for you at some point too!

Where do they process? I would love to just do meat birds and do the stagged so I always have a freezer full... I have a note on my sticky to figure out a set up for this... I will explain later when I find some pics and info.... I ALSO WILL NOT NAME, NO I WILL NOT NAME NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! we always waxed when I was a kid..

6. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I can't decide on an emotion. I am mad, and I am tempted to rant. I am frustrated, and I want to stick my tongue out at you guys!
    I am big on "no chicks in the winter" My generator is broken, and I lose power often.
    However, BCM are a breed I have been wanting, and you guys won't stop talking about them! So, I am very close to making a few calls, and getting some straight run. I would keep them in the basement (which stays warm) until spring ... Unless I felt comfortable that they can handle the cold. Yes,8 weeks they are feathered. Keep telling me, and I might believe that. Until then I will feel too guilty.
    Anyway, in the Spring they can go out to their own coop. I can then know whom is breeding with whom, and have pure BCM.
    You guys just don't play fair.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    neener neener neener!

8. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Burkholder on rosebud rd.

And Patrick on Jonathan Dr coming soon.

9. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Not a dang one of them has been broody. One of the comets I thought was and she was just laying and in the middle of the act every time I caught her lol.

10. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Hi Chad, sorry I went to bed before I saw your post!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by