Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    YAYYYAYYAYYA I sooooo am gonna fall for TINK!!
    That is the EXACT book I want!! here is a look inside of it
    http://www.chickencolours.com/Chicken%20Colour%20Genetics%20Basics.pdf

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    RIP little BCM mix Black Jack died, poor thing was walking around just weaker than the others, I was giving him alittle karo and ACV in the water and he still didnt have the strength.... poor guy I think being shrink wrapped for so long just did him in.. RIP Black Jack now we 2 two yellows and 2 blacks and Momma with one less purdy chicky : (

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    So sorry Sally!

4. silver1313

silver1313 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Gettysburg, PA
    Sorry to hear that sally [​IMG]

5. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    It's ok. Always have more eggs.

6. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I will have to honestly say, I have no idea. I know about black, blue, and splash genetics pretty well, and lacing. Other then that, its all an educated guess. I, like you have done research. A lot of times I come up empty handed or with more questions. I often fight with the chicken calculator. As for most of the why's we have, I am guessing its dominance, or the amount of copies needed???????????

7. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Soo bummed, my fav black hen looks like she has ruined her eye beyond repair!! She was stung by a yellow jacket and I was treating it cause it was bothering her and itching her. Well yesterday I was gone all day and didn't see them til they were roosting so I just left her go for the night. Well checked on her this am and her eye is yellow and dead!! Ahhhh y does stuff always happen to your fav bird!! Well now she is inside with her one sister hoping I can help relieve some discomfort and let her get adjusted to just having one eye!! Been feeling like I get ahead of everything them something stupid like this happens :eek:(

8. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    So sorry.

I always say if it isn't one thing, it is 22 others!

9. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    So Sally inspired me to start nagging hubby :)

He spent most of the day insulating the houses they are currently in. Then he started working on the new coops. This is the back wall.

[​IMG]

It will be divided and will house the calico silkie project and the bantam BL polish. He is going to build a second just like it for the brahma and the orpingtons. I am so excited that they are getting proper housing!!

My two new silkie girls were lovingly delivered this evening by RoPo. They are just too cute!! But, I have got to STOP buying birds!!! I do however still need a bantam buff brahma roo....

How was your weekend?

10. silver1313

silver1313 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Gettysburg, PA
    my weekend was cold and a little hectic !!! but from the looks of things them cutting the power did not kill my babies .. trying to get the other incu adjusted so i can start tommorow with the new hatches

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by