Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Mama my weekend started out hectic then was really sad today but got much better!! My hen's eye is gonna make it. Was able to spend some time with her today trying to figure out what all happened and I figured well can't make it any worse. I figured out her eye lids were stuck together... Stupid me I should've tried warm compresses right away but I had a little helper (dd) who was insisting she held Cinderella since she was sick!! Soo happy now. I also have a question cn you send me a pic of the brahma you have that is older?? Jw what color she is and what are you asking for her??

Soo I'm kindda excited but also bummed at the sametime. Starting tomorrow I will be taking care of my ex bosses minagerie of chickens, duck, swans, pheasants, pea cocks, and turkeys, o and goats too for the WHOLE WEEK!! You all think you may have a lot of birds but I'm sure my ex boss beats you!! I will have to try to count them all this week just for the fun of it. Don't know if I will be able to count all the banties but I will atleast take an estimate!! Just always get nervous when he goes away cause I don't want anything to happen to any of his animals!! But my girls love love love when we go and feed all his animals. He even has a nickname for my daughter Murtle the Turtle and my 3 yr old loves joking with my ex boss (who by the way is in his 70's) like they are the best of friends!! Plus my daughter gets to ride on his tractor with me so she is excited about that!! Ok so enought of my ranting I will also try to take some pics of his different birds too for you all!!

Mama my weekend started out hectic then was really sad today but got much better!! My hen's eye is gonna make it. Was able to spend some time with her today trying to figure out what all happened and I figured well can't make it any worse. I figured out her eye lids were stuck together... Stupid me I should've tried warm compresses right away but I had a little helper (dd) who was insisting she held Cinderella since she was sick!! Soo happy now. I also have a question cn you send me a pic of the brahma you have that is older?? Jw what color she is and what are you asking for her??

I am so glad you were able to save her eye!

I will take a picture for you tomorrow of the exact bird, but they are buffs. Here is a pic.

Soo I'm kindda excited but also bummed at the sametime. Starting tomorrow I will be taking care of my ex bosses minagerie of chickens, duck, swans, pheasants, pea cocks, and turkeys, o and goats too for the WHOLE WEEK!! You all think you may have a lot of birds but I'm sure my ex boss beats you!! I will have to try to count them all this week just for the fun of it. Don't know if I will be able to count all the banties but I will atleast take an estimate!! Just always get nervous when he goes away cause I don't want anything to happen to any of his animals!! But my girls love love love when we go and feed all his animals. He even has a nickname for my daughter Murtle the Turtle and my 3 yr old loves joking with my ex boss (who by the way is in his 70's) like they are the best of friends!! Plus my daughter gets to ride on his tractor with me so she is excited about that!! Ok so enought of my ranting I will also try to take some pics of his different birds too for you all!!

Oh I know what you mean! I am always so nervous being responsible for someone else's animals!

: ( poor thing.... we just noticed one of the 10 brahma peeps is missing an eye its just a black hole
Originally Posted by Lilbrownie

Soo bummed, my fav black hen looks like she has ruined her eye beyond repair!! She was stung by a yellow jacket and I was treating it cause it was bothering her and itching her. Well yesterday I was gone all day and didn't see them til they were roosting so I just left her go for the night. Well checked on her this am and her eye is yellow and dead!! Ahhhh y does stuff always happen to your fav bird!! Well now she is inside with her one sister hoping I can help relieve some discomfort and let her get adjusted to just having one eye!! Been feeling like I get ahead of everything them something stupid like this happens :eek:(

So Sally inspired me to start nagging hubby :)

He spent most of the day insulating the houses they are currently in. Then he started working on the new coops. This is the back wall.

It will be divided and will house the calico silkie project and the bantam BL polish. He is going to build a second just like it for the brahma and the orpingtons. I am so excited that they are getting proper housing!!

My two new silkie girls were lovingly delivered this evening by RoPo. They are just too cute!! But, I have got to STOP buying birds!!! I do however still need a bantam buff brahma roo....

How was your weekend?
AWESOME!!

X boss and u still take care of his stuff? he he he
Awww Halo!!
My little "Halo" looks very close to the chicken on pg 71 at the site sally found.

Quote: Arent they just cute!! how much do they weigh? just adorable

Thanks ya all, I was just mad, I tried... kids n daddy buried him....

I put Halo and the two mixed silks in with the four remaining of the last hatch and so far they get along fine!

I am beat now, blew all the leaves, mowed, cleaned up all the dog doody, winterized the pool, cleaned the coops, cooked um oats, cleaned the brooders, cleaned the rabbit pens, cleaned the whelping box, brushed the mutts, cleaned the house well the basics anyway, and sooooooo on.... all while hubby sided the coop and replaced the stearing in the truck.... COLD had to start the coal stove for the first time!!!

Oh GOOD stuff today too.... Puppies eyes are starting to open and they are starting to walk on all fours alot better!!

Back
Top Bottom