Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I've got 12 out of 12 shipped eggs developing in my Brinsea. I've got 4 out of 20 fertile, non shipped eggs developing in my little giant. Ugh! I usually only use the LG as a hatcher, but am desperate for incubator space right now.

I keep hearing bad things and I'm too new to know the difference... There is a rcom Eco for less than 200 and the octagon Eco. Hate paying that again right now. I just don't want to regret sending 80 on one that may not keep temps and humidity well and have poor outcome.

Candled all the eggs in my bator last night.
My layer eggs: pulled 1 quitter, 100% fertile out of 111 eggs

My turkey eggs: pulled 1 quitter out of 3 eggs

Goose from various nests that we picked up from a farm: I did not pull any yet, but it looks like 2 clear & 3-4 quitters out of 24 eggs...these are all at different stages of incubation, guessing on lockdown will be fun

1 goose egg belonging to my son: in lockdown & pushing on the membrane

Coturnix quail: 18 swap eggs not candled yet, what's left of 65 e-bay eggs currently hatching...4 out so far

8 swapped turken eggs set yesterday: wonky aircells

I still have 2 empty drawers if anyone has eggs they want rid of...lol

I keep hearing bad things and I'm too new to know the difference... There is a rcom Eco for less than 200 and the octagon Eco. Hate paying that again right now. I just don't want to regret sending 80 on one that may not keep temps and humidity well and have poor outcome.

Look at the GQF Genesis. They are about $130 at Cutler Supply (my very favorite place for incubators and supplies - great service and the best price I could find). This is a styrofoam incubator, so perhaps not as sturdy as the more pricey brands, but the electronics are rock solid.

Or, make a coolerbator, that what I use. That would be under $50 and better than any of the commercial ones if you use quality parts. But you (or a friend) must be sort of handy to put it all together.

Look at the GQF Genesis. They are about $130 at Cutler Supply (my very favorite place for incubators and supplies - great service and the best price I could find). This is a styrofoam incubator, so perhaps not as sturdy as the more pricey brands, but the electronics are rock solid.

Or, make a coolerbator, that what I use. That would be under $50 and better than any of the commercial ones if you use quality parts. But you (or a friend) must be sort of handy to put it all together.

Thank you. I read I think on this site that genesis has had issues with high humidity of lockdown getting into the digital stuff... Said something like don't go above 60% or something. Any problems for you?

Don't get the Rcom 20. I've had one for 3 1/2 years now and have not gotten more than a 60% hatch in 95% of the hatches. In the 3 1/2 years that I have had it, it has probably not sat empty for more than 6 months total. I used it from mid December to June and one of my friends used it from July to mid December all this time. The last hatch we did the temperature was 3 degrees lower than it should have been and the digital gauge showed 100.1 degrees. We had noticed that our eggs were hatching a day late on average so we checked it out. When it was new the temperature was low by 1 degree. It hatches eggs, just not as reliably as I'd like. Right now we have it running, the digital gauge shows 105.4 and the thermometers on the inside are showing 100 degrees. We will probably not use it again, unless this hatch turns out excellent.

Really, now where am I suppose to plant my cherry tomatoes..
I do believe this nest belongs to pair of little singing birds that hang out every morning, that's the only time I ever see them...
Watched them come out of my planter at sunrise this morning and just had to investigate....they look like little jelly beans.

I do believe this nest belongs to pair of little singing birds that hang out every morning, that's the only time I ever see them...
Watched them come out of my planter at sunrise this morning and just had to investigate....they look like little jelly beans.

Cute! Looks like you will need to start the tomatoes in a bucket and figure to transplant after the little ones fledge....

Knowing where you live and the shade issues there, I suggest a new planter.

I just put three trees in and have three cheapo 1 gallon(?) Like there ones the trees at tsc are in. Want them when I bring bunny over?

Hey folks:

Interesting Sunday.....it would seem every chook is laying an egg in a different place, almost daily...seems yesterday was coop #2, the day before was under the neighbor's utility trailer...also watched my pair or marans eat a blue egg...thought they were messing with a golf ball I had placed....

getting ready to re-fire up the bater...set the temp to 37.6 with an offset of .3... hope this will work better, setting a dozen blue eggs....

also, think one of my seven new hatches is blind....is there any chance she could learn to follow the other chicks around???

Back
Top Bottom