Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Candy finally started birthing last night at about 8:30, she gave us 2 doelings and a buckling. One of the doelings was too small and didn't make it. Candy's not doing as well as we'd like and I'm going to call the vet out to help her. Her two remaining babies are unbelievably beautiful, but my heart is heavy. I've been practically living in the goat pen for the last week and my poor husband has had enough.

Happy Father's day!

Ladies, do you have a problem finding good work/muck boots? I have used the Tractor supply company's blue boots. Both pairs has torn in the back where you kick them off in the back. I bought a different pair of boots from Tractor supply last night. I tried them out today and slipped all over.  I slipped on the pallet in my run and had my ankle stuck. All alone without my cell phone I had to manage to get my ankle unstuck without falling. Why do boot companies not think that women need good traction work boots like men get. If my foot was larger I would buy only mens work boots but my foot is small, size 6 1/2. I also have the problem of being a bigger woman so my calves are larger than the "perfect" women that designers make boots for. I wish boots would have some nice traction on them for women. Women work too!

got the same problem barbie.....i ended up just getting a pair of rain boots....years ago..i wear a 5 1/2 - 6 and i had the big calves as well....i had to get a 7 I believe just so they fit over my honker calves...lol....I've since gotten "old as dirt".... and the giant calves have dissipated...i just throw an extra pair of socks on and get on with it.  these boots are getting worn on the bottom so I'm losing my traction treads....I have seen my B-in laws muck boots he got from Cabelas...I  believe that they  make them for women as well, with regards to our calves....:)
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/sear...ots&x=10&y=6&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

although they can get pricey.....:rolleyes:  

PS....I will sometimes try on youth's (boys) boots and they fit!!!  hehehe....I usually wear a 4-5 in those

I hit the boys section for boots of all kinds. They just fit better, are made better & tend to be cheaper.

Blarney, we had to call the vet for our Momma last night too. Iodine rinse to the uterus & penicillin shots IM twice daily. We tried doing the shot on the milking stand last night & it didn't go well. Today we just tipped her on her side & laid on her. That worked much better. This is when I wish all of our goats were tiny like yours. Momma is about 100 pounds...lol

I second the boys' boots suggestion. I do that too, for all the same reasons. Check it out, it might work for you, too. I find the boys' boots fit me better than women's, and they are more practical, you know, more rugged and made for more serious work. And as SilkieSensation said, they tend to be cheaper, which is a plus. Yeah, it's a shame they can't be realistic when making boots for women. Sigh.

Well I live about 20 mins north of Pittsburgh. I have 2 Pekins almost 3 months old. They are like my kids. I have an 18 month old daughter and I just found out I am pregnant so, I'm going to have to find my babies another home, I'm not going to be able to give them the attention they need with a toddler and newborn, I'm so sad, I don't want to give them up. I would never dump them or give them away to be livestock. If anyone is interested, please let me know! They need a good home!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom