Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Instead of my neighbor thinking I am nuts, He now knows I am for sure.....You see I do a weekly night time check of the birds....He drove past at night and seen light from a flashlight so he decided to stop and check it out,,,he found me in a coop shining a flashlight under a chicken looking at it's butt...I just know he is gonna go to his morning coffee at the local diner and tell everyone about this...[​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    She isnt doing it anymore, It may have been from the yogurt I gave her a few minutes before???? I put fluffy also from around May back in the coop last night and when I left them all out, they gathered up on her and she kept falling on her side and they wouldnt leave her alone, so I put her in the front yard/woods at the rabbit pens with food and water and she went to town eating, she has diahrea and nasty butt again....no gurgling or fluids, nothing all eating well, we already treated with permetherin powder last week, but I never saw any bugs anywhere. They get oatmeal and pumpkin on ocation, raisins here and there, they are on that purina layer feed....NONE of these chickens are hatchery chickens, good or bad? As far as the others, the seem ok, perhaps a little horse sounding, but the one buff brahma is sneezing even more, but eating and well otherwise.

ALSO in the big run I noticed a few chickens craps looked orangeish foamy???????????????

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I think it may be because I have large fowl this time and I always had bantams before ?????? perhaps it takes them longer I D K!! I added the lighting 14 hrs light now, put curtains on a few nest boxes, protien.... I am just waiting for a surprise!!!

BUT WATCH ~ I will give them this medicine and then I will get eggs and cant use them because of meds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

4. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  5. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    I must be a terrible chicken momma...I have no clue how old any of mine were when they first started laying...well..except the one who started early...the rest of them, I can't tell you which ones are laying (unless I catch them in the nest box) I think I have 2 white egg layers, but only 1 white egg...so either someone is not doing their job, or is laying in a different location (outside), or maybe they lay a tan egg...(I know, more than 2 choices..but I thought of it as I was typing).

Welcome Wolfspan! I don't know who we have up in that corner..but I'm sure between all of us we can provide chicks or eggs!

6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    LMAO!! Eric had to do this last night as well! He went to check on the new coop made brooder for those PartBrahma and he heard something weird at the other side of the woods, so he came in got the shotgun and went out patrolin!!! he he he ....

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I never kept track either, but I at least want to justify all this feed to the DH!!!

8. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    LOL!!!

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Awwwww!! I soooo want two wethers!! But afraid the mutts would kill them as I would want them in the back together!

10. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    LF take a lot longer to POL. Most of my Ameraucanas are 8 months before they lay. The heavy breeds take even longer....................

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by