Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    This is so weird! My husband was asked by someone if we would consider taking in old tires on our land. I forget how much they offered but my husband was considering thinking about what he could make for the chickens with it! I told him he was nuts and there is no way anyone is going to dump 200 used tires here! Maybe I should have let him! LOL

2. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    See and if you led off with the veganism I would have asked what kind of vegan? Some don't drink milk, some do. Some don't eat eggs, most do. Some eat fish, some don't. Vegan is a broad category if you've ever been around different types of vegans. LOL I learned a lot from a friend! I ask a ton of questions whenever i really don't understand something and she **** near gave me the whole history of Vegans.

Some breeds of chickens lay regularly and produce more than others. Some are dogon cute and that's about what they do they are cute and lay maybe 3 eggs a week. Comets have become my favorite for egg laying. Large-Jumbo eggs and daily. With this they will only lay for roughly two years and slow to a stop. Where others will lay not nearly as often, but will lay for a longer time.

3. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    It's really fairly simple to put together. There is just an order of operations to make it work right.

4. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    LOL. That is a lot of tires if you have no idea wth to use them for.

5. silver1313

silver1313 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Gettysburg, PA
    you have never seen my chicken tractor ( and never will lol ) and its just a simple a frame with a few boards and chicken wire .... still not a good job lol if it wasnt for my FIL we wouldnt have much of anything lol hes the builder and that sounds a little advanced even for him

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Hello!!! Everykind of chicken! you need at least, one pair of every breed and a coop and run for each! Just kidding!!! he he he
    I love my brahmas and RIRs <3

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by