Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

OMG GROSS!!!!
sickbyc.gif
I almost puke duing eggtopsies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtbejimmenieeeeeeeeeeees!!

you all mentioned the snow word!

our forcast for this week is nice wheather. Thursday is maybe gonna be around 80 here, just in time for my two silkies to hatch their wee ones. plus I dont, do not, not quite yet, hold of on it. . . . .dont want the snow yet because I think of the hour drive it takes me to get to work and then that drive backk home and that 's" word makes it trickier to drive on 422 while the big rigs are still flying by you at nearly 70, lol

And Sally, from thhe research I did, Seramas dont breed true to color like other chickens. My roo is from a golden duckwing roo and black hen and my two pullets are from a golden duckwing and silver duckwing pair. If you can research to get that american serama site, you can see that they now show many colors of them. When I first got them their bloodwork for npip, the fellow Jay told me they only allow the white to be used in show, but i am guessing, things are changing for them. I guess where these guys were bred they see them as living art and colors dont really matter, just temperment and their different body shape.

And i had a hen with a nasty looking but and was almost afraid to take her to get the bloodwork done. The fellow is head of the cochin/brahma club in my area and said it looks like she is maybe just drinking too much water. All their tests came back good so its not . . . serious? I also remember reading an article in my backyard chickens magazine under the questions where someone else asks this. If you get that magazine, read that, he makes some quesses.
interesting! I didnt even see whites! lol
caf.gif

This morning my guineas were making a really loud racket out there. I went down to feed my chickens and let them out of the coop and the guineas would not shut up. I yelled at them to shut up but they kept going on and on. Finally I walked over to where they were, ( they were under a tree) and I looked up. There was a hawk eyeing up my coops. The hawk flew away and my guineas finally quieted down. They were doing their job this morning. I guess they are the guard dogs of the bird world.

This morning my guineas were making a really loud racket out there. I went down to feed my chickens and let them out of the coop and the guineas would not shut up. I yelled at them to shut up but they kept going on and on. Finally I walked over to where they were, ( they were under a tree) and I looked up. There was a hawk eyeing up my coops. The hawk flew away and my guineas finally quieted down. They were doing their job this morning. I guess they are the guard dogs of the bird world.
I think we all have had this happen a time or two. Now when Red won't shut up, I go outside. They are cooped, and safe, but why chance it?

Wait till I tell hubby that the answer to the hawk problem is getting guineas...
yesss.gif

You say Balut duck, this would explain why she keeps asking if I will be getting any ducks, wonder if the duck eggs taste different than the chicken eggs ??
Do you know how they make them, that pic does not look like a normal incubation, looks like higher temps are used, I know this topic is gross but curiosity wants to know.
I would just ask the lady that buys the eggs, but her english is not real good (I think Phillipine )
The eggs are fertilized and incubated for maybe half the time than pulled out of incubation. The eggs are prepared than in a salt water bath. than eaten as is.

Back
Top Bottom