Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Silver, how is the blue Marans pullet doing?

2. silver1313

silver1313 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Gettysburg, PA
    She is doing good .. the JG likes her but she just flirts a little and hides lol ...

3. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I have a few pictures of me eating one of those!!! On my facebook page of course. Kinda hope images like that don't get me banned from BYC [​IMG]

4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

5. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA

Awesome!

6. angelchix

angelchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2012
    Karns City, PA
    you all mentioned the snow word!

our forcast for this week is nice wheather. Thursday is maybe gonna be around 80 here, just in time for my two silkies to hatch their wee ones. plus I dont, do not, not quite yet, hold of on it. . . . .dont want the snow yet because I think of the hour drive it takes me to get to work and then that drive backk home and that 's" word makes it trickier to drive on 422 while the big rigs are still flying by you at nearly 70, lol

And Sally, from thhe research I did, Seramas dont breed true to color like other chickens. My roo is from a golden duckwing roo and black hen and my two pullets are from a golden duckwing and silver duckwing pair. If you can research to get that american serama site, you can see that they now show many colors of them. When I first got them their bloodwork for npip, the fellow Jay told me they only allow the white to be used in show, but i am guessing, things are changing for them. I guess where these guys were bred they see them as living art and colors dont really matter, just temperment and their different body shape.

And i had a hen with a nasty looking but and was almost afraid to take her to get the bloodwork done. The fellow is head of the cochin/brahma club in my area and said it looks like she is maybe just drinking too much water. All their tests came back good so its not . . . serious? I also remember reading an article in my backyard chickens magazine under the questions where someone else asks this. If you get that magazine, read that, he makes some quesses.

7. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    HI! [​IMG]

8. angelchix

angelchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2012
    Karns City, PA
    I am in the process of getting a transport box approved by the post office for shipping. SoI believe i can ship some of my surplus pet roo to homes. ok, out of curiosity, how many of you have shipped chickies through the mail? And what does your shiiping boxes look like? And, when you get chicks in the mail, what kind of box do they come in? Yes, I have never gotten chicks from the mail, always from a person or some hatching eggs from someone local, so i don know these things.

If I am gonna get serious about becoming a breeder, lol, it would be nice to "see" these things.

9. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I had a chick box. Wee lil box with holes in it. It had 2 dozen peepers in is. Never would have thought it. Well except for the peeping.

10. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Really?

It just tasted like a hard boiled egg. With a crunchy spot. Looked awful...tasted eh wouldn't eat it again. Balut duck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by