Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Look who jumped the fence to play chicken with the dogs! Good thing I saw him!!
    [​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

3. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    That's all that runs this system is a bucket. Run a hose from the bucket to the pipeline. Nipples on the large pipe and away we go. [​IMG]

4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I know everyone likes to make things as easy as possible, but I will stick to my system of carry jugs of water out to fill the waterers, it gives me the chance to walk around and take a good look at everything, if I had an automatic system I would miss alot of the little things that I spot while filling water.

1 person likes this.
  5. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

6. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Chad do you have any pics of elvis, I would really like to see him grow...
    If you are going to the meeting that heather talks about I can bring some quail along.

Sally , I move the waterers inside the coop for the winter and wrap the bottom of the coop with straw bales, I very seldom have frozen water.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  7. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    @patricks, I have 2 5 gallon buckets with those nipples on them.....I've tried everything and they leak! I have a kids sandbox underneath to catch the water...and honestly...the chickens ignore them and wait till they go outside to use the outside waterer anyway.

8. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Sally let me know if you do get an incubator to send to the youngster, I can send them eggs to fill it up.

9. beofswiftfeet

beofswiftfeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    timblin pa
    hi from Timblin. Silkey, Rhode Island Reds and a mutt. love em

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I put them inside already and this time we have a light on timer so it will be under it. but lugging water still stinks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by