Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    ok, I am pretty sure she can get the eggs but I will see... thank you!

2. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Sally just wanted to let you know a day after beng on Tylan (injectable given orally) and she is starting to look better so let's see. I also added ACV to water o don't know which is helping but I old care less as long as she gets better wanna send her back home to my mom's ASAP!! Just thought I'd update you since you were nice enough to comment for me!,

3. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Tylan is pretty awesome. Just an FYI, it doesn't touch strep. That what my babies were getting, secondary to mold. For that bug you need Oxytetracyclene. It covers most strep strains.

4. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

I didn't think she needed antibiotics because she wasn't sneezing or coughing or anythin like that she just went off food so I didn't think antibiotics were the fix so tried everything else

5. angelchix

angelchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2012
    Karns City, PA
    I know a number of a guy who raises show quality LF and bantam cochins and brahmas, does judging, and takes bloodwork for NPIP testing, if you are interested, I can give you his number, his name is Jay Yobst. Even has a van with logo on it for his cochins.

6. angelchix

Aug 26, 2012
    Karns City, PA
    I just recently had a cochin do that. Is she in and out of the nest box? Mine did that. At first I thought she was confused as to brood or not brood. Unfortantly, she dies and we examined her afterwards, she was egg bound by a super large egg. Poor thing, she could have been saved. Never done it before but read about it.

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I was wondering that a little while ago while I was feeding! I was gonna get a video of a sneeze but NOW no one is!!! NOT that I am complaining! lol

8. angelchix

Aug 26, 2012
    Karns City, PA
    For winter, I bought a 3 gallon plastic heated waterer and wired up the barn. It works great and lasts about a week before it needs refilled for my 9 birds last year. Ha! But now I am going to have to have 12 in that barn and 5 in a new smaller coop, so time to get a new heated waterer.

9. angelchix

Aug 26, 2012
    Karns City, PA
    You know how i am trying to find good homes for my surplus pet roos that I coo over and play with everyday? Well, the one fellow of the construction crew thats building our new house said he wanted to get one of my roo. I was happy. Then he asked me which one was agressive and how about the big black one (my cochin roo, probably about 12 to 13lbs). I was like[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]. He wanted an agrssive roo to cock fight with. I told him none of my roos were agressive and I would not home them out to anyone to do that!!! They would be better on someones table than to live that life! Anyone ever have that happen?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  10. nothingbutbirds

nothingbutbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    be careful with bob whites mine attacks every one but me
    hes evil

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by