Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

That's awesome! :lol:
Wow! My husband would definitely do that too. At least it would be a business expense, since he is in the IT field.
:eek:. Look at that beauty! My only gripe about moving from the suburbs is that I will have an electric stove initially... Propane powered stove soon. I wonder ow much that costs to hook up...
Broody! Most definitely. BO's are well known for that trait, and of course she would pull that while you are trying to relax on vacation. Lol! We are finally away on our vacation too. I think we are about 100 miles from Ohio, we drove for 5 hours today. Time for bed now....

The store is converting the stove to LP for us at no extra cost, since we have no natural gas supplier in our area...I am also placing an electric wall oven in the new kitchen we are doing, I would prefer a gas wall oven but the price was right on the electric one we found so it's ok since I will primarily use this big stove except for holiday overflow and 20 dozen cookie days.

Newbie chicken question: I am currently away on vacation. My,chicken sitter states one of my buff Orpington hens is refusing to get out of the nesting box at night. She says she "purrs" at her when she tries to push her out of the box. She's afraid of the hen. Could she be broody, or sick. As I said I am not there to know what's Truely happening. MY BO is only a year old. And have never been broody before.

X3 on the broody probability...

i have a family member who is looking for a dog she would like a medium sized dog, something with a bit of energy because of her high strung grand daughter. But they like the poodles so is there any toy poodle mix puppy's anyone knows of for 250-300 forsale I would have to see how much she would really like to spend but that's about as cheap as dogs go for anymore. So please let me know of any puppies forsale and I would like to see a price and if possible pics. Thank you

The broody girls have finally settled. When Bonnie settled in the nest box last night, I knew she was settled for good. I gave her four eggs. I gave Stevie four in the litter box. Tonight they are both in the nest box. I put the other four in the incubator. Let them do what they want with the four. I can give them chicks in a few weeks.

The nest box is a plastic thing with a roost that flips up to keep the girls out. A broody was no match for the bar. It is off.
lau.gif

Well, she laid one also, so now 7. But we lost the little black chick. I thought she was just sleepy this afternoon but then I couldn't find her at all later. Searched every where, even outside the fence. I finally found her under a bunch of shavings that Bridget has for her nest. Thought I had checked there, but must not have. She looked like she'd died and then got buried by chicken action. I guess if you have livestock, you have deadstock. I hope Jaebles and Rory make it.

i have a family member who is looking for a dog she would like a medium sized dog, something with a bit of energy because of her high strung grand daughter. But they like the poodles so is there any toy poodle mix puppy's anyone knows of for 250-300 forsale I would have to see how much she would really like to spend but that's about as cheap as dogs go for anymore. So please let me know of any puppies forsale and I would like to see a price and if possible pics. Thank you

Try Petfinder.com. They have filters for size, age, breeds, etc, so you should be able to find something there.

Well, she laid one also, so now 7. But we lost the little black chick. I thought she was just sleepy this afternoon but then I couldn't find her at all later. Searched every where, even outside the fence. I finally found her under a bunch of shavings that Bridget has for her nest. Thought I had checked there, but must not have. She looked like she'd died and then got buried by chicken action. I guess if you have livestock, you have deadstock. I hope Jaebles and Rory make it.

:hugs :fl

:hugs

Go to a local rescue. There are so many dogs that need homes. I recommend mending hearts animal rescue in Holidaysburg. I used to volunteer there. Amazing people!

@Lelanae The chickens are in the hoop house all the time, except for winter, thought last year I moved a hoop house into a large shed and kept a group in there all winter also. That worked better than I expected.

Back
Top Bottom