Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Blueberry picking tomorrow morning. We picked 12 lbs last week but we're aiming for at least 15 lbs this week. We have to get enough to last the entire year lol

I also finally heard back from the bee guy. Hopefully by Friday we will be bringing home a setup or two for bees :)

Blueberry picking tomorrow morning. We picked 12 lbs last week but we're aiming for at least 15 lbs this week. We have to get enough to last the entire year lol

I also finally heard back from the bee guy. Hopefully by Friday we will be bringing home a setup or two for bees
smile.png
Mmmm, blueberries!
I no longer get invited to pick berries because so few make it into the bucket !

I wanted bees so much when I was a boy, but my mom kept pointing out that I was allergic to bee stings and they were certain to sting me at some point. I eventually saw the wisdom in that, but I wish you the best with your bees.

I also finally heard back from the bee guy. Hopefully by Friday we will be bringing home a setup or two for bees :)
Good luck with your new adventure. My FIL is planning on getting some in the spring.

Bear's first egg!
ya.gif
Penny's first egg!
celebrate.gif
These two are best friends, so they decided to lay their first eggs side-by-side at the same time. Both are 21 week old.

Bear the Rhodefielder laid a BIG 1st egg, which is size medium. And it's dark brown.

Penny the Welbar laid a darker brown egg, peewee sized. Her egg is not as dark as I thought, but it's speckled

Their 1st eggs with Dolly's eggs.The egg colors in this photo are little lighter than the true color.
Very impressive eggs. I stopped hatching the Rhodefelders, but after seeing that egg, perhaps that was a mistake. How many days after the Legbar started laying did these 2 start? My Bielefelder pullets didn't lay until they were about 9 months old, I think the Rhodebar genetics were good to the hybrids.

Here's my trio! NHR's (Pepper & Ginger) are 13 weeks old, and White Silkie (Tiny!) is 17 weeks old. I love them so!

Pepper :)

Very nice looking group :thumbsup

Thank you. It's from eBay. Hubby thinks I'm crazy to buy a egg scale, but I love it.

The scale is very cool! Congrats on the eggs!

Hope the bee hives work for you, will be really great to have your own honey! I traded 4 pullets for qts of raw honey a couple of years ago, I would do that trade again in a second! We had bees when I was growing up and I love honey combs, the whole process is fun, actually....

Cute! All girls ?

Thank you! Tiny is indeed a pullet (unless she's faking me out!), my 1 girl out of an original straight-run of 9. I'm pretty sure my redheads are pullets as well :fl They're fairly new, I got them June 20th.

Thank you. It's from eBay. Hubby thinks I'm crazy to buy a egg scale, but I love it.

Totally not crazy, I love it too!

Very nice looking group :thumbsup

Thanks @fisherlady! I'm a happy Mama for sure!

Very impressive eggs. I stopped hatching the Rhodefelders, but after seeing that egg, perhaps that was a mistake. How many days after the Legbar started laying did these 2 start? My Bielefelder pullets didn't lay until they were about 9 months old, I think the Rhodebar genetics were good to the hybrids.

They started 12 days later than Dolly. They were born on 2/20, so exactly 5 month old today. Average bielefelder laying age is said bout 6 month to 9 month (6 for spring chicks, 9 for fall chicks?), so Rhodefelder does benefit from Rhodebar gene and lays earlier. I'm very impressed that Bear really has all good personalities from Bielefelder yet an early layer. I remember she hatched early and easily, right? If all Rhodefelders are like her, they really are a great breed for every one. Maybe you can check with your other customers to see how the other Rhodefelders turned out?

Thank you! Tiny is indeed a pullet (unless she's faking me out!), my 1 girl out of an original straight-run of 9. I'm pretty sure my redheads are pullets as well :fl They're fairly new, I got them June 20th.
Totally not crazy, I love it too!
Thanks @fisherlady! I'm a happy Mama for sure!

Don't worry, they all look like girls to me. Just don't let Tiny work on hatching eggs,or you will end up with boys.
1f605.png

12 lbs! My 3 blueberry bushes didn't give me single berry yet.

Good luck with you bees.

Back
Top Bottom