Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Auro:

Your crested OEs look identical to the OEs I gave to Anne....is that a BCM boy over CCL girl???

Actualy, it had to be a CCL boy over my wheaten Marans hen. I only used her eggs for that hatch and at the time, the only breeding boys were ameraucana and CCL. I absolutely love the way she turned out. If she's the one that started the hidden nest in my coop, then her eggs aren't as olive as I expected but still a pretty green. I haven't been able to confirm that it was her yet though.

So they are sexlinks? Spaz is absolutely beautiful. I love her.
1f495.png

The silver welbars are so different. I like both colors.

The welbars are sex links but the hatch that Spaz came from was not sex linked. I love the way she turned out and I may have to repeat that breeding :)

Last edited:

Thank you for having little Alex and me over today @stake, it was great to meet a fellow BYC'er. You were giving me advice on integrating chickens when we came back from trick or treating to this picture!! I don't know what little Tino is thinking, she's only gone and sat on the roost with "The Big 4".

I just hope she can find her way back to the panic room from there if anything kicks off.

Last edited:
That stinks.
sad.png
They were gorgeous when I saw them at your place. Will you be keeping any Bielefelders for next year? The one female I have is just gorgeous and very quiet, I think I would still like more of them. If not, I can touch base with a gentleman that had them in Easton. I'm okay with eggs too, if one of the Silkies or other girls go broody. The one Bielefelder is getting very big all of a sudden. She is now as big as the Legbar and Black Sexlinks. Hopefully when she gets bigger, the other girls won't be as bossy. Maybe!

I think I will remove my Silkies from quarantine on Tuesday. They seem pretty healthy. Should I keep them in a pen in the yard so the others can observe them for a couple days, or should I just put them on the roosts at night? They are old and tiny, so I want try to have the easiest transition possible.
I plan to have Bielefelders for sale next year. I think I have about 8 pullets, plus the 2 hens from last year. They were tempermental layers this year, but with a large enough group I hope to have a better supply of chicks.

I plan to have Bielefelders for sale next year. I think I have about 8 pullets, plus the 2 hens from last year. They were tempermental layers this year, but with a large enough group I hope to have a better supply of chicks.

That's great! I would love to have a bielefelder girl in my flock. Bear wasn't super people friendly, but she's so calm, gentle, and beautiful. She always tried to keep peace between girls. Of course because of her rhodebar gene, she lays a large egg everyday that may be better than typical bielefilders.

I went out and grabbed a couple pictures to share today

Here's my new crew from @Dheltzel. They'll be in a crate for the first week to get introduced to everyone.

This is Spaz, my legbar/marans cross that i promised pictures of a while ago. I just didn't get a chance till now.

The muscovies are getting big. They're around 10 weeks old now. They thought it was beautiful afternoon to enjoy a swim and a splash :)

I think ducks probably believe any frost free day is a good day for a swim! :lol: they look quite happy!

Here is a picture or two of my girl from Stake. I have two sisters that are the same, very similar to yours. Rusty Shackleford is on the right. I just love to say his name. :p

That stinks.  :(   They were gorgeous when I saw them at your place.  Will you be keeping any Bielefelders for next year?  The one female I have is just gorgeous and very quiet, I think I would still like more of them.  If not, I can touch base with a gentleman that had them in Easton.  I'm okay with eggs too, if one of the Silkies or other girls go broody.  The one Bielefelder is getting very big all of a sudden.  She is now as big as the Legbar and Black Sexlinks.  Hopefully when she gets bigger, the other girls won't be as bossy.  Maybe!

I think I will remove my Silkies from quarantine on Tuesday.  They seem pretty healthy.  Should I keep them in a pen in the yard so the others can observe them for a couple days, or should I just put them on the roosts at night?  They are old and tiny, so I want try to have the easiest transition possible.

Great! Sounds like my list is getting a big longer for the spring each week! :duc

That's great! I would love to have a bielefelder girl in my flock. Bear wasn't super people friendly, but she's so calm, gentle, and beautiful. She always tried to keep peace between girls. Of course because of her rhodebar gene, she lays a large egg everyday that may be better than typical bielefilders.

My Biele is very quiet and calm too. Definitely want more like her. My other Biele was the one I had to euthanize. :(

Thank you for having little Alex and me over today @stake, it was great to meet a fellow BYC'er. You were giving me advice on integrating chickens when we came back from trick or treating to this picture!! I don't know what little Tino is thinking, she's only gone and sat on the roost with "The Big 4".

I just hope she can find her way back to the panic room from there if anything kicks off.
Good to have you over....if something scared her she may hide in a bush and will come out in the morning....

Back
Top Bottom