Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sending positivity to your little man!! I hate when the kiddos get sick! :-(

Just checking in! had my mother in law here for a few days, my dad brought her back home. LOL! Thanks Goodness!!!

Still have not heard anything from the insurance company about sending out anyone to assess my damages. I really want my coop!!

2. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Darn, I was looking forward to being there. Don't care if we have the snow, truck is 4x4.

3. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Crossing my fingers for Luke to get better asap, and Mom to get some rest. :(

4. BigWilly

BigWilly Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2012
    Hi All,
    I have a knob question that I think I know the answer too, and Im sure has been discussed. Just looking for some feedback from people in the area. I live near Valley Forge and have 5 hens. They have a small coop , 4'x4' and a a nice size run with a roof, 10' x 8'.
    Should I be worried about the birds not going in at night? Predators are not a big concern. The entire set up is pretty well secured.
    It's been down in the 30's at night and the birds just roost out in the run...even through the hurricane. They go in and out of the coop all day, but haven't spent a night in there. I'm sure Im over thinking it, but any advice is appreciated.

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Lucas update~ TRHospital ~ Lucas has an Infection with Helicobacter pylori which is burning his intestines and also giving him gastritis and alot of stomach pain. It is contagous via sneezing saliva and through "poop". We are still waiting several other tests and another series of antibotics are being started, waiting to hear from the Doc again. Head nurse said she thinks they are keeping him another night, his fever has come down some too! Thanks everyone for caring about little man Luke. <3 poor kiddo! : (

6. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    Get better soon Lucas!

7. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    I always put my birds in at night. One way to do it is to turn a light on pn the coop just at twilight. Birds go to the light. They should troop up the ramp and into the coop. After a week of so of this, they should learn to put themselves to bed at night. If you don't have electricity to the coop, Use something like one of those "Boston Lanterns" on TV until they get the idea. You can turn the light off after they bed themselves down.
    Best,
    Karen in Ligonier

8. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    thank goodness they found out the problem and can heal it[​IMG]

9. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Do you have roosts inside the coop? What breed are they?

10. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Hoping Luke is feeling better and he comes home soon!

Sad to miss the Course tomorrow, hope everyone keeps their heat and power in this storm. Already snowing here, passed a 3 car accident on the way home tonight, and am heading out to hockey practice in about an hour... YIKES!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by