Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I need some help. I am making the rabbit hutch into a small coop. I think everyone has a general idea of what a rabbit hutch looks like.
The questions are; Where should I put the ventilation so it isn't hitting the birds. I do have an idea, but would like other's thoughts.
The bigger issue is how to open a door to allow them into a run. I am thinking of a door that I can slide sideways from the outside of the run, but I know others have coops that look like rabbit hutches (or runs that are only a few feet high). What are other ways to make this work?

Been a rough week for us, ALOT worse than no electric the week before that.

Lucas is home from the hospital FINALLY!

He had a very very hard time with this stomach bacteria, then on top of it all the hospital staff OverDosed his medication and he ended up in rolling around screaming pain on top of the already being so ill... the little man already only weighed 36 lbs and now he is way down. I cant talk much about the hospital issue, but after little lucase suffered allergic reactions with no "sorry" and no copies of any reports as requested we had to contact an attorney... your welcome to pm me if you wish on the subject. just cant chat publicly

I am a bit overwhelmed, ok alot overwhelmed.... this is a paste..... (easier than typing all over)

Lil Lucas is home doing good, just having reaction issues to the overdose. But bendryl seems to be working.

He and I are extremely happy to be home! However the homefront is very overwhelming right now, trying to cope with two weeks missed work, 7 very big, very routy and very poopy puppies, tons of chickens and coops to clean, a week of not cleaning the house, having to wash all bedding and sterilize, bath dogs

and on top of it all, ............ the chickens in Harmonys bator have already started to hatch and its only day 18, Not what I needed to deal with at the moment. I did ok, with only three breakdowns today and Thank God for my older son and his girl coming to help with all the puppies bathing, nail clipping, and helping to run them for shots! noooo idea how much I needed them.... I still havent gotten the house vacummed and up to par as I have been having medical issues myself, but I will get there one thing at a time.... Thanks for all the well wishes....

why would the chickens start hatching already??????? uggggg I still have the eggs from my cheap bator in with Harmonys eggs!! we didnt get to weigh them or anything! No candling, I just threw water in and shut them down, one is already out of the shell!!!

to be honest I was really wondering if any would make it without the electric for a week!!! and in the new homemade bator no less!!!
I will update tomorrow, but we were trying to keep the temp a steady 100 degrees and I had four thermometers in there, so it wasnt too hot at any time either.... the humidity was running in the 30's almost the entire time as it was next to the coal stove. ANOTHER MAIN concern is that those eggs had rarely been turned all week since I was in the hospital with Lucas!!! I went to turn them and there where peeping and holes!!!!!! I almost screamed, I was like OMG no way, not on top of all this, hatching NOW, like RIGHT NOW and they will be shrink wrapped and I am so tired I cant stay up with them all night!!!!

GO FIGURE!!!! test me test me

Been a rough week for us, ALOT worse than no electric the week before that.

Lucas is home from the hospital FINALLY!

He had a very very hard time with this stomach bacteria, then on top of it all the hospital staff OverDosed his medication and he ended up in rolling around screaming pain on top of the already being so ill... the little man already only weighed 36 lbs and now he is way down. I cant talk much about the hospital issue, but after little lucase suffered allergic reactions with no "sorry" and no copies of any reports as requested we had to contact an attorney... your welcome to pm me if you wish on the subject. just cant chat publicly

I am a bit overwhelmed, ok alot overwhelmed.... this is a paste..... (easier than typing all over)

Lil Lucas is home doing good, just having reaction issues to the overdose. But bendryl seems to be working.

He and I are extremely happy to be home! However the homefront is very overwhelming right now, trying to cope with two weeks missed work, 7 very big, very routy and very poopy puppies, tons of chickens and coops to clean, a week of not cleaning the house, having to wash all bedding and sterilize, bath dogs

and on top of it all, ............ the chickens in Harmonys bator have already started to hatch and its only day 18, Not what I needed to deal with at the moment. I did ok, with only three breakdowns today and Thank God for my older son and his girl coming to help with all the puppies bathing, nail clipping, and helping to run them for shots! noooo idea how much I needed them.... I still havent gotten the house vacummed and up to par as I have been having medical issues myself, but I will get there one thing at a time.... Thanks for all the well wishes....

why would the chickens start hatching already??????? uggggg I still have the eggs from my cheap bator in with Harmonys eggs!! we didnt get to weigh them or anything! No candling, I just threw water in and shut them down, one is already out of the shell!!!

to be honest I was really wondering if any would make it without the electric for a week!!! and in the new homemade bator no less!!!
I will update tomorrow, but we were trying to keep the temp a steady 100 degrees and I had four thermometers in there, so it wasnt too hot at any time either.... the humidity was running in the 30's almost the entire time as it was next to the coal stove. ANOTHER MAIN concern is that those eggs had rarely been turned all week since I was in the hospital with Lucas!!! I went to turn them and there where peeping and holes!!!!!! I almost screamed, I was like OMG no way, not on top of all this, hatching NOW, like RIGHT NOW and they will be shrink wrapped and I am so tired I cant stay up with them all night!!!!

GO FIGURE!!!! test me test me
Years back we had some very stressful issues with our son and daughter , and during that time I learned two things: What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, and God doesn't give us more than we can handle. We may not realize that we have the skill, talent, strength required to get through this difficulty, but God knows what we can and cannot do. You will come through this. It won't by any means be easy, but you will all be stronger because of it. Our thoughts are with you. And don't sweat the house work. As long as every living thing is fed and clean, the rest will come. Peace.
mm

Sally, I am sorry you are having such a rough time. Try to take a big, deep breath (or 5!). Do what HAS to be done right now, and tackle the other stuff as you get to it. Thinking of you both.

thanks every one.... here are harmonys pics from the temp brooder bator

LF brahma not sure what kind yet though...
Day 18 hatch uggggg!

If any of you guys are interested in an august hatch pair of bantam columbian wyandottes let me know. I have an extra pair.
smile.png

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom