Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Everyone! Just checking in and Guess What!? I will be joining your club soon!! LOL!!! Hubby bought me a coop that is being shipped out from Lancaster and it should be here in about 3 weeks or sooner! I got a 4X6 A-Frame! I'm sooo excited and with this warm weather for the next few days, guess who will be out prepping her land!? That's right! ME!! :) So in the meantime, I bought the Little giant incubator and egg turner, I'm equipped with 10 of my friends eggs, and I'm ready to sit and wait for my babies to be born!! :) I can't WAIT to show pics!! Excitement doesn't express how I feel!! :)

Hope you are all well!

2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Sally, when it rains it pours! But you got early babies to prove that you don't need electricity to make chickens! I hope that now that Lucas is home, he'll start healing up faster! And as was said, don't worry about the house being "clean" Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow. For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep. For I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.

Penta, good news on the new coop! And the incubator, yeah, you've got the bug bad!

3. Pentamom

LOL!! Yes I do! I'm ALWAYS at my friends house feeding her chickens and today I went to country junction on route 309 in quakertown and they were throwing away all their leftover pumpkins, they said I could have them for free since they were going in the trash, so I took 20 big pumpkins and we fed them to her chickens..They were so happy!! I'm getting my fix through her house LOL!

4. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Oh my gosh!! Sooooo excited for you! Congrats!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  5. Pentamom

:) Thank You so much!!![​IMG]

6. Pentamom

Beautiful!!! I would love them, but I have a little while before my coop comes!

7. Pentamom

Just wanted to share! These are some of my boys at my friends farm today!

[​IMG]
    Brayden
    [​IMG]
    Jordan
    [​IMG]
    Rowan
    [​IMG]
    And my little Piggy...He was DYING to hold his first chicken! LOL!!!

8. Pentamom

[​IMG]
    Here are my babies!! Hoping that I have at least 6 that are fertilized! (my friend has A LOT of roos, so we'll see...)

9. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Hey All! Just popping in quick...gotta make dinner. Thought I'd share me latest culinary experiment.

Chicken Enpanadas(sp)

1 lb ground chicken
    1 can flaky grands biscuits
    1 pack fajita seasoning
    1 sm bag of shredded cheese.

brown the ground chicken, add the seasoning. Roll out individual biscuits flat. Fill center of each biscuit with large spoon on seasoned ground chicken and shredded cheese. Fold in half, crimp edges with a fork (like a pie crust. Throw in the oven for 12-15 mins @ 375. And BAM! Throw some sour cream and salsa on the side. You've got quick, easy and inexpensive hot pockets! And your using chicken in a different way!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    The ones I get at the spanish grocery store are deep fried. tasty, but I was looking for a slightly healthier alternative. And a pound of ground chicken holds out to a roll of biscuits. Add and multiply as you like. And ENJOY! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by