Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Stopping to take a breath, have a cocktail and read what all you amazing people are up to. Sally, x2 on the happy to have BYC and people who appreciate chickens.

DS just came barreling in the house...Popcorn has hatched out at least one chick a day early!! Color me happy!!

Hi Patrick,
How old are the pups? Pups are my specialty. Perhaps I can help her. I studied the canine neonate extensively.
Four years and thousands of hours of research went into writing the Bellwether Neonate Protocol. With its
extensive scientific bibliography and proven track record for saving pups (especially neonates) who are
threathened due to environmental challenges. ( environmental challenges are anything other than genetic or disease challenges).
Best,
Karen
sorry the dog did not survive, but I totally understand why you did what you did.

Edited by 3riverschick - Today at 4:26 pm

Last edited:
Stopping to take a breath, have a cocktail and read what all you amazing people are up to. Sally, x2 on the happy to have BYC and people who appreciate chickens.

DS just came barreling in the house...Popcorn has hatched out at least one chick a day early!! Color me happy!!
I cant wait to let one of my girls hatch! is it as exciting as the bator? I am THRILLED with this hatch!!! but OMG what ever will I do with all these brahma!!!! he he he

Okay, so I was out demo-ing the coop.
sickbyc.gif
Found that Sally was right and I was able to salvage quite a bit of pieces of wood. I was just gonna take off the nesting box and enclose it fully and keep it on the wheels, but I realized that I can't take it apart without removing the flooring fully, so~I'll just start from scratch (no pun intended). Thankfully a lot of my wood are all cut to the same size, so tonight after I put the brats to bed, I'm going to see what I can come up with. I told the hubby that I will have a permanent brooder in the garage. LOL! I think he's just REALLY letting me have my way! LOL!! Poor guy...I really need to find him some turkeys...

still no one about the turkeys?? Do any of you have them??
For now, here is my coop demoed for as much as I could do right now. Tomorrow is another day,

Okay, so I was out demo-ing the coop.
sickbyc.gif
Found that Sally was right and I was able to salvage quite a bit of pieces of wood. I was just gonna take off the nesting box and enclose it fully and keep it on the wheels, but I realized that I can't take it apart without removing the flooring fully, so~I'll just start from scratch (no pun intended). Thankfully a lot of my wood are all cut to the same size, so tonight after I put the brats to bed, I'm going to see what I can come up with. I told the hubby that I will have a permanent brooder in the garage. LOL! I think he's just REALLY letting me have my way! LOL!! Poor guy...I really need to find him some turkeys...

still no one about the turkeys?? Do any of you have them??
For now, here is my coop demoed for as much as I could do right now. Tomorrow is another day,
LMAO!!! I was just checking out turkey eggs on ebay!!! I love those burbon reds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so wish I could grow and eat them though : ( such a puss aint I?

I am impressed with all of you hatching now. I am so over having chicks in the house!
Oh me too about brooding in the house! Definitely not happening again
sickbyc.gif
All that fine dust from the brooder gets on so many surfaces.
Oh what a mess
th.gif
Anyway, My breed is Sussex and they are bred to be winter layers. The best winter layers are early Spring hatched
before the 1st of April . And preferably in Feb. and March. Historically, Sussex were hatched in the end of Jan. thru March. That still means some indoor rearing... but from now on, it will be done in a brooder room, separate from our family's living quarters.
wink.png

Best,
Karen

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom