Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    pentamom, perhaps you can use a sawzaw and cut that one side off and make that into a brooder just turn it sideways??? screen the top! You seem like me, if there is a will there is a way!

3. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Every time I read this board, Hank Williams, Jr. "A Country Boy Will Survive" keeps coming to mind. I am willing to bet that Hank Jr. would be mighty proud of the women on this board!

Sally, you have my thoughts and prayers with your little one. Hang in there.

4. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

5. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

I think that's a good idea considering the nesting box is big and untouched by the tree. I have some extra materials leftover that I may try to come up with something..

p.s-I hope your son gets better! [​IMG]

6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Holy CRAPOLLIES!! HATCH DAY Go CoolerBATOR GO!! WOW!! and all this with no electric for a week and then in the hospital and not being home to Moniter, weigh, candler OR TURN for a week, AND Day 18&19 HATCH!!!

I counted EIGHT that I put into the brooder bator and there is at least 6 more hatching!!!! Plus the 2 already in the brooder!!! Plus my poor 8 eggs that I had to add from Chad!!! BCMXComets that are probably getting smooshy with this hatching going on and I had to keep them in there because of instant lockdown : ( see that little blacky off to the left in the front??? Thats the ONLY little polish guy that hatched for harmony, the rest were scrambled : ( she is upset, but holy crap look at the rest!! BRAHMA CITY!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  7. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa

karen i you are correct in say that good breeders of the gentle giants care about their pups. i have bull mastiffs. she will be 5 in march i speak with her breeder about 7 times a year.

chad if you can find the owners and they can't raise the pups on a bottle. i will raise the pups for them.. there is never a reason for the owners not to be able to bottle feed. those pups should and will survive. the only training they will need is social skills. which i have have an excellent dog here who would train them . i would do as karen says contact the people who bred that dog. they would take those pups in a sec to preserve the lineage. just irresponsible or more like ignorant people to giant breed dogs.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  8. Pentamom

OMG They are soo cute!!! what is the black one to the far left??

9. Pentamom

Quick question...do any of you own turkeys? I was thinking about a turkey for my husband...he wanted a peacock and unfortunately I'm not building (Or buying) another house for them. I figured a turkey could live with the chickens...I would want a turkey egg though to hatch. Let them grow up together...

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by