Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    WOW! That little storm that came through last night really cooled it off! Brrrr...

2. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    It blew part of the run roof off. Good thing I was going to the lumber yard today.
    Anyone want to come help me build a coop in a day?[​IMG] I am turning the dbl rabbit hutch into a coop with run. Then I will have to buy a big dog crate 'cause that hutch was my large batch brooder and quarantine.
    I guess losing it will help keep my chicken math down ... NOT!

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Oh no!! We didn't get any damage, but man is it "brisk" outside today!!

I use a rabbit hutch for my quarantine, too.

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I would sooner help you with that today!!! I love kids, but babysitting sure gets tough some times!

I will be turning our rabbit pen, double also into a coop n run but for serama, I hope so anyway... I still have to do my homework on serama!

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    20 chicks still alive! yippy! Holy Brahma and on top of all my others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will need ANOTHER COOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! hubby will KILL ME!! Thank goodness he helped Harmony make the coolerbator or he wouldnt be pleased with all these new chicks, but since he did, he is king incubator, which works for me!!!!!!! [​IMG]

I also need to rename our bonanza to "Brahma Acres" or Brahma Woods or ????????????????????????????

Chad your BCM X Comets are in lockdown... I couldnt candle but cross your fingers... your welcome to them all if they hatch! There are 8 of them, I didnt even check them at all for fert or life since day 7 so WE SHALL SEE [​IMG] pray none explode [​IMG]

Little man was vomitting again last eve, but no fever so I gave him the anti nausia stuff from the hospital, seems fine this am.... Gonna research fowl to human illnesses.... anyone?????????????

6. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Sally you are cranking out the chickens! How many total birds are you at now?

Have you considered "Brahma Bedlam!"? [​IMG]

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    shhhhhh am I supposed to count them????

ok so I am stupid, so knowing that... what is bedlam???? [​IMG]

8. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Bedlam refers to a number of things. The traditional definition would be a scene of high activity, borderline pandemonium. Bedlam is also a town/village in England, in a district traditional known for its spas. So it also refers to the manner in which you keep your hens, well kept and pampered.

Incidentally, it also appears that Bedlam was the name of an institution for the mentally challenged - but that wasn't the reference I was going for.

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Diane, can I jump in and ask too??? pleaseeeeeee???

What is the best breed for meat & friendly too?

Do they need a wire/mess covered run?

Can they free range and go in coop at night?

They can be in with chickens?

Can you only have one male and female together?

anything different medically health wise?

Feed? Is it cost effective? how much feed for just a pair?

How long till you can butcher, and how hard is that?

poop, how hard on the bedding are they?

They scratch like chickens right?

[​IMG]

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Mama does tink lay eggs? She is starting to feel at home with Romeo and Juliet, her and Juliet hang and are always a few steps behind Romeo....will get a pic when I can sit with them.... poor chickens and puppies!! neglected : ( Oh and I need help trying to sex HALO!! I will get updated pics of him too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by