Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    Quote:Southern York County here, and we have a broody sitting on a bunch of eggs. They should be hatching in the next few weeks. They will be mixed but I have a silver laced Wyandotte and and Easter Egger along with 17 others that has been with our roo. Not sure how picky your are, but all of ours lay jumbo brown eggs.

2. Kaitie09

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    I've got a hen that is continuously broody if anyone would like her. She is 3 or 4 years old, and does not lay anymore. However, she goes broody at least every 2 months during the spring and summer. I have broken her about 4 times this year, and she just went broody again today. She is super sweet when she is broody too. She does not attack you, and you can pick her up with no problem.

3. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Where are you Katie?
    Forgot to add ...what kind is she?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  4. Kaitie09

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    I'm close to the MD line down I-83. She is a mix of a RIR and and what looked to be a Silver Leghorn. Both of the parents came from Murry McMurray's. She looks like a White Leghorn, but had layed jumbo brown eggs. She may still be layng in the fall and winter, but all of ours lay jumbo brown eggs so I can never tell. She last broke 7 weeks ago and stayed on the nest for almost 40 days.

5. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    That is pretty far from me but I do work in Harrisburg and if you are willing to meet me there, I would gladly take her and put her with the rest of my broodies! LOL

6. jim-pav

jim-pav Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2011
    Freeport, PA
    Does anyone know when the next chicken swap will be at the Fayette County Fairground? I was there last month and remember reading that there wasn't one on the normal 3rd Sunday of July due to the Fair. I remember seeing a calendar at the concession stand that showed a couple of dates on it for chicken swaps, but can't remember dates. Anyone know?

Thanks everyone.

Jim

7. austincoopersilkiesies

austincoopersilkiesies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2010
    Downingtown Pa
    Chester County!!!!

8. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    Quote:i think the next one is on the second sunday in aug. they will have two in aug. second sunday and i believe the fourth sunday, can check with a friend and post i usually have the sch. but can't remeber if i have this years.[​IMG]

9. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:i think the next one is on the second sunday in aug. they will have two in aug. second sunday and i believe the fourth sunday, can check with a friend and post i usually have the sch. but can't remeber if i have this years.[​IMG]

third sunday and fourth sunday

21st and 28th

10. jim-pav

jim-pav Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2011
    Freeport, PA
    Thank you both for the quick replies! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by