Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Still early, but sure looks like it's going to be a rooster. This spring I bought the last 16 red sex link pullets from a tub in Tractor Supply. They wanted to get rid of them so I got 'em for 2$ ea. Red sex links the rule is if the chicks are red they're female and if the chicks are white they're male. All sixteen of these were red, pullets right? At 4 weeks 2 turned completely white and started getting larger then the rest and doing rooster things. They got red combs and waddles while the rest stayed small without waddles and combs like pullets. I would have bet a dollar to a doughnut that both of these were going to be roosters. At 5 weeks a little red started to show around the wing joint on one of 'em. A couple days latter more red and so on. Now this pullet is half red and half white without waddles, but definitely a pullet. The other stayed all white and a rooster. You just never know 'til they are full grown and the eggs start to drop. This is a red sex link pullet and rooster at 7 weeks. This breed matures very fast.

Last edited:
Here is a second photo if the little ones comb.
It is like one little section of the comb is red and none of the rest is.

If it is new I would say it was a fresh bruise. See if it doesn't turn purple or black tomorrow. He may have pinched it in something or been pecked.

Yay my first home grown babies!!! My other banty just went broody too I think. I found where she was hiding her eggs a week ago but two nights ago she finally stayed on it.

Does anyone hove bantam Silkie eggs? Preferably other then white?

I have eggs, and will be in Conneautville and at Conneaut Lake tomorrow...any chance you could meet me somewhere for them?

Back
Top Bottom