Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hi everyone! I hope it's ok to post under this thread, it looks like most of you are from PA.

I'm originally from Philadelphia, but moved away for a bit. My family and I are headed back to the Philly area this fall. I'm looking for information as to where we should look to settle down as we have four hens we are wanting to take with us! We were thinking outside the city. Our kids enjoy 4H and would be devastated to find new homes for their girls!
Hey there! Welcome back. I'm near Philly. If I were to move, I'd go to Montgomery County, they have the very best 4-H Poultry Club EVER.

IMG_1751.JPG
I thought I'd post a picture of these lovely guys. This picture was taken yesterday, today they were out and they got attacked. I'm so frustrated, 3 were roughed up, they are blu-koted and back in their coop 1 is gone. Makes me feel terrible. Turkeys are so special, they seem much more like dogs than poultry.

View attachment 1023157 I thought I'd post a picture of these lovely guys. This picture was taken yesterday, today they were out and they got attacked. I'm so frustrated, 3 were roughed up, they are blu-koted and back in their coop 1 is gone. Makes me feel terrible. Turkeys are so special, they seem much more like dogs than poultry.

Oh no, I'm so sorry. :hugs What could attack a turkey? Coyotes?

View attachment 1023157 I thought I'd post a picture of these lovely guys. This picture was taken yesterday, today they were out and they got attacked. I'm so frustrated, 3 were roughed up, they are blu-koted and back in their coop 1 is gone. Makes me feel terrible. Turkeys are so special, they seem much more like dogs than poultry.

Oh no! You have so many predators at your place :( I'm glad only 1 is missing though. They're looking good! There's nothing like a sweet turkey.

I've been meaning to post some pics of the lovely chicks I got from dheltzel through the chicken train. I did a little photo session yesterday with the CCL, Welbar, and Olive Egger (shown in that order from left to right in the top 2 photos). They are six weeks old, and similar in color, but definitely easy to tell apart.
IMG_9244.JPG
IMG_9248.JPG
IMG_9251.JPG

Legbar definitely already has the beginnings of a crest...
IMG_9274.JPG

Photo below shows that the Welbar (left) has the classic color pattern, but the OE (right) has a lot more light gold, and is sprouting a tiny crest. :)
IMG_9296.JPG

OE again. I think she's quite pretty already. :)
IMG_9304.JPG

Back
Top Bottom