Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Sadly it died

I'm sorry.
A few weeks ago, a chick hatched powerfully and immediately it's head slung back and it couldn't stand. She spent all her time on her back. I removed her from the bator when dry and gave her poly visol (without iron). However, it seemed she couldn't swallow, even when I gently pushed down her beak to align her throat. She seemed to gag/possibly aspirate easily. She passed after 2 days.

Morning all!

Well, I showed my chick picks on the "cockerel or pullet" thread and was told that 4 of my 6 Ameraucanas appeared to be cockerels. It is certainly not what I wanted to hear since that would mean just 5 out of 12 were pullets. :hit I have ZERO luck! Last year I bought 6 pullets and 4 straight run and ended up with 5 hens and 5 roosters from the bunch...1 "pullet" was a cockerel and all the straight run were! :barnie

In the end this would give me 5 hens (4 BSL and 1 RIR), 5 pullets (3 BO and 2 Amer.) and a BO cockerel, a fine size for a backyard flock but a little smaller then I was secretly hoping for.

I guess I'll just have to get more next year...replace the 2 year old hens and add in more!:wee

How do you sex the Ameracaunas?

I think I have 4 frizzled babies!
20170530_140841.jpg

Back
Top Bottom