Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Welp, Klaus is definitely right at home in the coop, he's actually been helping Mississippi break up squabbles with the girls! I'm actually hoping that I have at least 1 rooster out of the straight run bunch (fingers crossed) since I realized that my GLW that died was actually my other rooster.... But so far so good, everyone's still kinda segregated but I'm sure soon enough they'll all get along. It's hilarious though, he'll chase the hens around if they so much as squawk the wrong way.
If you want a roo, I have some young Bielefelder cockerels about the same age as the ones you are picking up. Free, of course.

Both of these guys were hatched from different batches of eBay eggs over the Christmas and New Year. Little rumpless "Kiwi" (right) was hatched out of a blue egg. There isn't an olive egger in our flock so we were really pleased when her first egg came out a more greeny colour. Go Kiwi!

IMG_4941.JPG

Since her first egg aged 22weeks and 5 days she has laid 2 "fairy eggs". We're hoping she'll crank up production soon.

That looks useful, 2 functions in one! If only it had a hygrometer too. On my list of things to do is to set up an in coop live stream to web. Got to finish making this dining table first though.
I was wondering if I could add a sound track to the pre-recorded ones, something like a broody hen clucking and chicks peeping, as a means of encouraging the chicks still in their shell to hurry and get out. And I could watch it all on the webcam too.

Back
Top Bottom