Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I wish, and we are actually driving down to Maryland to pick up a few ducklings this weekend, but my dad is really skeptical about keeping an actual flock of ducks (I'm a junior in high school so I only have so much say in things). If I could, I would rescue any animal I possibly could (and trust me I've tried :th), It's just we spent so much money on the coop we made, and she gets so lonely when she cant see another duck. and she will just quack all day. I fear we have to come up with a more... final decision. Thank you though @dheltzel ! Much appreciated!

Hello everybody! I live in West Chester (Chester County) and I have two crested drakes that I need to rehome. We took them from someone while desperately hoping that they would somehow magically turn into females, but they turned out to be quite the opposite. They're super friendly and they obviously love each other, but two males to my female is not a healthy ratio. I would rather they go together because they haven't lived a day in their lives without each other, and they cuddle up like two peas in a pod. The woman said they're white crested (which is not a breed), so we believe they are jumbo crested Pekin because they are HUGE! They have bright blue eyes, and though they may be shy, I think they could really turn out to be like lap dogs. They didn't have much socializing at their last home, and I really wish I could've been able to provide it myself but my Ancona comes first (I know that sounds selfish, but I hand raised her and brought her home the day she hatched). They're not aggressive towards her, but I fear that they will when she becomes broody in the spring. I have a few pictures although I'm not sure how they'll come out. Let me know if you have any inquiries, or if you would like them or know someone who would! Thank you so much, Ella.
(P.S. We have named them Toupee and Beret (I'll bet you can guess which is which))

Welcome, from Cambria county!

I wish, and we are actually driving down to Maryland to pick up a few ducklings this weekend, but my dad is really skeptical about keeping an actual flock of ducks (I'm a junior in high school so I only have so much say in things). If I could, I would rescue any animal I possibly could (and trust me I've tried :th), It's just we spent so much money on the coop we made, and she gets so lonely when she cant see another duck. and she will just quack all day. I fear we have to come up with a more... final decision. Thank you though @dheltzel ! Much appreciated!
Keep up the good work. I remember when I was a teen having my parents stop the car so I could rescue some pheasant chicks that were stuck in the melted asphalt. We cleaned them up and some of them made it to adulthood. Then there was the baby rabbits, and the puppies, and so many kittens . . .
I think allowing me to keep animals made me a more compassionate adult than I would have otherwise been.

Welcome, and sorry I can’t help right now. I am hoping to get some ducks in the spring, but I don’t have anything set up yet.

You may try Craigslist, but just be sure to screen people. Ask them for information and pictures of their flock. If they are good owners, they will have no problem with that. And if they don’t give any details, onto the next.

:barnieArg! My stupid broody was off the nest this morning. I don’t know how long she had been off, but they eggs were supposed to hatch probably today.

I’m sure all hope is gone, but I brought them inside, let them warm up, and placed them in the incubator. It will be a miracle if any hatch, but this is the third cool down. Especially when they are supposed to be hatching. Oh well. No big deal, I was just letting her hatch them to break her.

:barnieArg! My stupid broody was off the nest this morning. I don’t know how long she had been off, but they eggs were supposed to hatch probably today.

I’m sure all hope is gone, but I brought them inside, let them warm up, and placed them in the incubator. It will be a miracle if any hatch, but this is the third cool down. Especially when they are supposed to be hatching. Oh well. No big deal, I was just letting her hatch them to break her.
Sorry she was out, but she will likely return at least once trying to make up her mind...If she does you may still be able to graft chicks to her or get her to finish the hatch, they can be frustrating sometimes but usually have good intentions, if a bit dimwitted, lol

Crossing my fingers for you Anne!

Fanged, did you find homes for all your wyandottes? I adore mine--an egg a day and SO pretty and friendly!

Welcome to Ellagance! I am sorry I can't help, but I enjoyed your pictures!

Two questions for the board--

1) What predator tries to dig under a hen house? I have a wooden floor but I am worried.
2) Who makes chicken diapers? Daffodil is 100% recovered, but I can't really toss her outside in the snow after three weeks indoors in a box by a radiator.

Sorry she was out, but she will likely return at least once trying to make up her mind...If she does you may still be able to graft chicks to her or get her to finish the hatch, they can be frustrating sometimes but usually have good intentions, if a bit dimwitted, lol

Thanks, she still has not gone back. If guess she got bored, because she sat for a couple weeks before I gave her eggs. Nothing from the incubator yet, I think they’re all gone. Oh well...

Back
Top Bottom