Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

C6A7DD94-508D-4267-9448-F7A234D16E81.jpeg

Daffodil.jpg
Daffodil december 20127.jpg
Rest in Peace my pretty Daffodil. She was one of the first four baby chicks I ever bought. She survived the September Poodle Massacre by hiding under a peony bush, and botulism in December with a lot of support and a life of luxury inside my son's bedroom. This time she just was not getting better, even with crop feeding. I took her to the vet and then made the sad drive to New Bolton. They are impressive there. All the cultures aren't back yet, but she did have a lot of tumors. She was in the house 3 weeks this time, we miss her.

View attachment 1293887 View attachment 1293893
Rest in Peace my pretty Daffodil. She was one of the first four baby chicks I ever bought. She survived the September Poodle Massacre by hiding under a peony bush, and botulism in December with a lot of support and a life of luxury inside my son's bedroom. This time she just was not getting better, even with crop feeding. I took her to the vet and then made the sad drive to New Bolton. They are impressive there. All the cultures aren't back yet, but she did have a lot of tumors. She was in the house 3 weeks this time, we miss her.

Sorry to hear she passed.... she was a beautiful girl :hugs

Poor girl. How old was she? You took such good care of her. :hugs

Thank you --you guys are the greatest. She was only around three... I wish I had taken pictures of her sleeping on my son's chest in his bedroom when she was recovering from the december illness.Big poofy golden blanket.

I'm so very sorry for your loss :(

I'm so sorry :( :hugs you tried your best, and she's at peace now

Need some input - looking to get chickens. What is your experience with:
Wynadotte
Brahma
Marans
Can chime in about other breeds you love too.

Also, what hatchery have you had best experiences with? How much is the cost? I'm finding it to be a lot of money for chicks that may not survive the trip.
I'll wait a little while to see what TSC has before ordering.

I have Wyandottes now and that's what I started with, (Silver and Gold Laced) mine were all from Privett which I found have really decent birds for decent prices and they have a huge selection. I only lost a couple when they were younger, probably from overcrowding in the brooder while waiting for the coop to hurry up and get finished. But other than that they've been great. No medical issues from any of the ones that I've lost, all of them have just been one thing or another.

I actually wound up selling a few of my GLWs to make some more room in my coop. @Lelanae actually has one of them so she can attest to how great they are too!

Their website isn't finished yet so you'd have to call in and tell them what you want off of their VERY extensive order sheet (it's all good though I hear they're very nice).
http://www.privetthatchery.com/

:hugs:hugs:hitI'm so sorry to hear about Daffodil, I remember dealing with Sofia and how heartbreaking it was to lose her.

Back
Top Bottom