Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Ugh! My broody only had 7 chicks today when I came home, yesterday she had 8. I thought the first one had died of natural causes, but now I’m not sure.

I did find the little body in the coop, and the broody mom had been outside today, so I think one of the other girls must have grabbed it. I suspect one of the other chickens or turkeys killed it. I started off with 11. :( Last night I put her in the official broody coop. I started the run today, and I will finish it tomorrow, so that she can raise them in peace. I feel terrible, but now she will have total protection.

Random question: where the heck can a girl recycle a ton of pellet bags?? They're labeled #4 LDPE. Our township only accepts #1-7 food/beverage plastics (which makes me wonder what's happening to all our non food plastics...). I took them to Lowe's after finding on earth911.com that they accepted them, only to be told the opposite by customer service (they only accept grocery store type bags). :barnie

So now they are taking up space in our garage until I figure out where to take them. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Or if anyone would like them for other uses, let me know and I can send them your way!

PS: I am heading to TSC right now, for meal worms and Boss ONLY! No chicks! :oops:

Back
Top Bottom