Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Idk what the Weather Channel app is talking about. :confused: It said it was 22*, with a RF of 18* It was at least 20 degrees warmer. Duckling and I were outside for two hours playing with bubbles. We were warm, and no ice anywhere.

6797138B-6445-4704-8457-0C757850F91A.jpeg 2D5363AA-6CB0-4D36-8A48-B9A8856F3484.jpeg

Anyone in the local area interested in trying Norwegian Jaerhons, Kraienkoppes (Twentse) or Partridge Penedesencas? I have breeders of these breeds that I will be dispersing sometime this year, if anyone is interested in breeding them, let me know.

My broody lost a couple of the chicks. Her broody pen will be done today. I hope I didn’t lose the special ones. :(

I just sold 4 of the month old CCLs this morning! Thanks again. I’m sure I will pick up some more this season.

That is so adorable! My Nikko is very demanding like that as well. It’s so awesome. Your son looks very happy too!

My broody lost a couple of the chicks. Her broody pen will be done today. I hope I didn’t lose the special ones. :(

Aww, I'm sorry she lost a few :(

Ana is broody again. I plan to give her a few cockerels that hatch this weekend to raise out. That always seems to keep her happy and I don't have to worry too much about them.

I just love watching chicks/juvies wander outside for the first time on a nice day! It's beautiful out today and some of the New year's babies that just joined the flock the other day are carefully venturing out of the run and in to the sun. They get so excited about it lol

So, I went into Tractor supply today. Only for chick feed, of course! :oops:

This is the larger Tractor Supply in my area, and they had a ton of chicks. They were so busy, I had to wait almost a half hour before someone came to help with chicks and I got my turn. They didn’t have anything special there, but they had leghorns (straight run) at 3/$1! Since I had just hatched some and now have some experience sexing them, I figured I’d give it a go. I don’t need the extra layers, but I figure they will be easy to sell when they are POL. Because of their “Buy 4, get 2 free” sale, I believe I got 2 free also. I’m pretty sure I can get my money back from them. :lol:

The funniest part was that the lady who came over to help was so overwhelmed, poor thing, that she let me get in there and pick out the ones I wanted straight from the bin! I told her I wanted to get specific ones to try to pick out females. She said something like “ You can come in here and pick them out yourself, you’re probably better at catching them than I am.” So in I went, as she looked at everybody standing around and said “This didn’t happen.” :lau

The cashier told me they had a bunch more in the back too! Crazy. The poor leghorns were so crowded at this point that they had started to peck each others backs. :hmmNow we will see if I am any good at sexing Leghorns...

Me TOO!! I call it ‘baby’s day out’. I’m always surprised at the difference in feather patterns and color in the natural light.

I love this too! My broody learned very quickly that her “Broody suite” is just for her and the chicks, and she has taken them back there every afternoon before dark. I’m so glad I made that for her, and the broodies to come. It would be nice to take a vacation, even while having a broody with chicks.

Back
Top Bottom