Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Happy Easter EVERYONE!
Thank you , Dennis and Martha for my new chicks--they are all healthy and settling in.
Martha--your orp is already thinking, maybe I am not so scarey!
Fisherlady --that penciled rock is GORGEOUS and everyone in my family just crowded around the imac and said a collection"AWWWWW" at the cuteness of the mommy /chick pics!

@Lelanae
Thank you, the chicks are pencil rock /white rock crosses and some Delaware. I have to get a new silver pencil rock rooster, lost last one to A leg injury in the fall and haven't found a replacement yet. I need to get my butt in gear and contact the breeder I got my stock from years ago. Time for new rooster genetics anyways...

The bantams are AJ and Starla.
Starla is giving me more eggs! She was reliably laying every other day, but has laid daily for the past four days. :yesss:
AJ butted my leg. I had just seen that Starla was in with the teens. I think he thought I was keeping them apart! I went to get her out, and he jumped right in. :lol:

IMG_0705.JPG
Woke up this morning to more snow, about 5". Whew!

When I went out to my coop this morning, I found my old Silkie dead. She was 8-9 years old and she passed in her nesting box. I remember saying she had had a dirty and stinky butt a few week back, and I had to wash her a couple of times. Strangely, she has some kind of yellow thick goo stuck around her poo, so maybe it was an internal infection. Who knows.

Anyways, I'm just glad she went peacefully, and that last year, she got to live out her dream of being a mother! RIP Loon!

View attachment 1321254 Woke up this morning to more snow, about 5". Whew!

When I went out to my coop this morning, I found my old Silkie dead. She was 8-9 years old and she passed in her nesting box. I remember saying she had had a dirty and stinky butt a few week back, and I had to wash her a couple of times. Strangely, she has some kind of yellow thick goo stuck around her poo, so maybe it was an internal infection. Who knows.

Anyways, I'm just glad she went peacefully, and that last year, she got to live out her dream of being a mother! RIP Loon!

awe :hugs she lived a long life. RIP sweety.

:hugs

Oh dear, RIP Loon, at least she was long lived!

Okay now seriously. Who ordered this snow!? KU is on a 2 hour delay and I'm still trying to figure out how the heck I'm supposed to clean off my car. I don't want to go out there... nooooo no you can't make me!!! :oops:

Eggs are doing okay, turns out I was right about the hydrometer that came in the brinsea, it's busted alright. I have my digital thermometer/hydrometer from the Colemabator sitting in there with the eggs, and trust me I was not a happy camper about the humidity last night. Can't wait till I can clean out the Colemabator properly and possibly get some more hatching eggs. It's been fun with all the babies lately! (Except the demons in the shop. Can't wait to eat those guys.)

In sad news, I lost one of my breeding rabbits and found him yesterday. Luke was only about 5-6 months old. I hadn't gotten in there to take care of everyone in a couple of days so they were out of water but it looked like he broke his own neck somehow while he was eating hay. We're gonna see what we can do with him, maybe skin him and use his fur for something since I don't want to eat him and there's not much on him since he was pretty young.
I miss the goof already but I'm trying to not let it get to me. :(

I'm sorry to hear that she died, but you gave her a wonderful life and glad she was able to pass peacefully.
Adorable picture and what a beautiful way to remember her.

Back
Top Bottom