Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Free to good home--or if no good homes speak up, free to hungry home--One very sweet Delaware Cockerel. Nice rare heritage breed--hens are supposed to lay big eggs. He has to go before he crows!
I seem to be suffering from The Curse of the White Chicken. Every white chicken I have ever purchased have either been boys or died from predator attack. To make it harder, Dennis doesn't breed white chickens, so I have no local source!
My boy is "Trish" --I got him as a ball of fluff with "Jessica Jones" the australorp.
They love each other--just to make me feel worse.
jessica and trish.jpg

Free to good home--or if no good homes speak up, free to hungry home--One very sweet Delaware Cockerel. Nice rare heritage breed--hens are supposed to lay big eggs. He has to go before he crows!
I seem to be suffering from The Curse of the White Chicken. Every white chicken I have ever purchased have either been boys or died from predator attack. To make it harder, Dennis doesn't breed white chickens, so I have no local source!
My boy is "Trish" --I got him as a ball of fluff with "Jessica Jones" the australorp.
View attachment 1421161
if you were close, would take him, have two hens with no rooster(close to pittsburgh)

View attachment 1421161
I lost all mine white chickens to predators. That’s why I’m trying the Cali grey. I don’t know how far you are from Denver, Pa but you could box him up and bring him to Green Dragon this evening. The three we have sold went for like $16-$18 a piece. They take a commission but it’s still a good price. Plus while u are there you can buy produce or more farm animals lol

I don’t think the other 4 eggs are going to hatch. I’m thinking of trying to get some other chicks to slip underneath her. The feed mill just got silver and gold laced Wyandotte chicks. It’s not really what I want but it seems difficult to find chicks near me. I’d love a couple Marans chicks or EE (preferably a non broody type lol)

Back
Top Bottom