Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

almost 11 weeks old, raised together Pekin Drake and Khaki Campbell hen. I don't know the best way to do this, but I am starting to panic about my ability to care for them properly so I will post here to see if anyone local would like to add to their flock.
I am in Southeast Pa.

Last edited:
I lost all mine white chickens to predators. That’s why I’m trying the Cali grey. I don’t know how far you are from Denver, Pa but you could box him up and bring him to Green Dragon this evening. The three we have sold went for like $16-$18 a piece. They take a commission but it’s still a good price. Plus while u are there you can buy produce or more farm animals lol
I would love to go sometime! Is it just an auction or a market place too? Right now, it is tough finding a babysitter for my (93 year old) mom--keeps me relatively housebound since I can't leave her alone.

Been away for a while. Chickens are doing well. Sold 5 and couldn’t help but get 2 more. Now I am at 15 chickens out of the 12 I’m allowed to have. Eh close enough here’s a pic of the new ones. A Speckled Sussex and an Easter egger.

807481AE-7CFE-4EB8-AB9B-734DF3D555E7.jpeg

I lost all mine white chickens to predators. That’s why I’m trying the Cali grey. I don’t know how far you are from Denver, Pa but you could box him up and bring him to Green Dragon this evening. The three we have sold went for like $16-$18 a piece. They take a commission but it’s still a good price. Plus while u are there you can buy produce or more farm animals lol

That is interesting you say you lost all your white chickens to predators. If you live in an area prone to hawk attack do your chickens stand more chance of going unnoticed if they are not white?

Since 2016 we have had 3 fatal hawk attacks:
Super Blue Egg Layer (White)
Black Copper Marans (Black)
Blue Orpington (Grey)

There have been other attacks but I thwarted them by hearing the hens crying and running outside in my socks waving a newspaper around until it flew away. :lol:

That is interesting you say you lost all your white chickens to predators. If you live in an area prone to hawk attack do your chickens stand more chance of going unnoticed if they are not white?

Since 2016 we have had 3 fatal hawk attacks:
Super Blue Egg Layer (White)
Black Copper Marans (Black)
Blue Orpington (Grey)

There have been other attacks but I thwarted them by hearing the hens crying and running outside in my socks waving a newspaper around until it flew away. :lol:
Mine were mostly lost to raccoons. One was lost to a dog. Had a hard time keeping them inside the fence.

I would love to go sometime! Is it just an auction or a market place too? Right now, it is tough finding a babysitter for my (93 year old) mom--keeps me relatively housebound since I can't leave her alone.
It’s a farmers market. It used to be better but now it’s a lot of cheap stuff sold by foreigners. A lot of junk that no one really needs but still buys. Lol. There is a really great lady though that sells holistic stuff and Back on Track products. I buy my BOT stuff from her and just got my dog CBD oil. There are a lot of produce stands so it’s worth going. The auction gets a little overwhelming. They could have designed the building a little better after that last auction building burnt down. I do feel bad when it’s hot out since even with the fans it’s sweltering inside.

Back
Top Bottom