Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Been gone for a while, nothing new happening here. Garden still growing, chickens still laying, kids still driving me nuts. :lol:

I think I remember posting on here about 4 baby birds that I rescued from my grandparent's fire pit. One ended up dying suddenly, but the other 3 were very healthy and learned to eat and drink on their own. I released them a few weeks ago, and still see 2 of them visiting the area. :love

Sorry to those that have lost chickens and ducklings lately. It is very tough... we recently had a farm cat hit by a truck on the road. So sick of these people flying down our country road. Slow down people! :rant

View attachment 1471502 My bumble face girl is almost all better. Just tried to pull any debris out a couple of times and put triple antibiotic on it.

Great news! Did it ever seem to drain externally or maybe able to drain internally through the sinus cavity?

A chicken's healing ability never fails to amaze me.

@fisherlady

The first picture is from June 15th, when I first noticed it. I don’t know if it was a cut in the crook of her beak that got it started, but it did seem to settle in her cheek. These pictures are in order, and you can see how her face puffed up as the infection filled up with pus. I was able to extract some decent size chunks by opening her beak and clearing the pocket. I then filled it with triple antibiotic cream.
AF87443F-F9E9-4CA4-91A1-5E6803B9DB78.jpeg
92EE2786-C051-4477-9B0B-795C843EE167.jpeg
BE41F5D6-6894-4C5A-BADA-4DBE5DD7F59B.jpeg

CDDA2CD0-4F46-49CC-87DE-3939BE163DAD.jpeg

image_20180718_124620_1531932493191.jpg

They are here! I know the flock as its a friends. my muscovys were rude and Shrek was hissing and being an ass so they are sections off. they can look but no touching. We are also getting all of their chickens. so this weekend I will be getting 2 roos and 4 hens

Back
Top Bottom