Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

When it comes to domestic animals, I don’t think any of us have that kind of math. So how are we all facing loss right now? That is very interesting. And I’m sorry about all of your pets.

When it comes to domestic animals, I don’t think any of us have that kind of math. So how are we all facing loss right now? That is very interesting. And I’m sorry about all of your pets.
no. not dealing with it so good, if she hadn't incontinent she would have a had a couple more years i'm sure, but her last vertebrae deterioration caused the incontinent and it got where she was having problems with walking too and i couldn't put her thru anymore no matter how it hurts me. unless i change my mind down the road she will be my last one, will just keep my piggie for my pet and of course we still have husbands dog

Sturgis just wet in the house. :(
The plan I had in place fell through, so I’ve called a few places. One said $56, but another said $200 just for the euthanasia. The $56 is too out of the way.
Whoever thought a small dog could break my heart and bank at the same time? :he

The plan I had in place fell through, so I’ve called a few places. One said $56, but another said $200 just for the euthanasia. The $56 is too out of the way.
my vet is semi retired and hates to have to put anything down and hes kinda like that dr jeff when it comes to dogs and cats, but now he sold out to another vet, haven't met him yet and won't as long as dr.markle is still working some, dr. markle thinks i should get another one because he knows how i treat my animals (had dr.markle for over 30 years) but right now i just can't, i don't want to have to go thru the hurt again. dr.markle charged me 56.00 to put sadie mae down, he charged me thirty before the new vet

My vet is the same as far as she’s semi-retired (and the only one I trust!), and thinks my animals are lucky. I’m so upset about the visits when she wasn’t there. Especially the visit a few months ago. :duc
I did call that office, and they’re charging $300.
Am I sounding horrible for complaining about cost? I apologize. It’s just the fact that it’s a big variation from place to place. I have to remember that fecal exams went from $7 to 32 in a year.
Sharon, I am sorry that you’re hurting too. :hugs

My vet is the same as far as she’s semi-retired (and the only one I trust!), and thinks my animals are lucky. I’m so upset about the visits when she wasn’t there. Especially the visit a few months ago. :duc
Am I sounding horrible for complaining about cost? I apologize. It’s just the fact that it’s a big variation from place to place. I have to remember that fecal exams went from $7 to 32 in a year.
thank you, a vet told me 40 years ago that if i didn't want the pain of losing them, don't get another. i just made it a point to go and get a young one to transfer the love when it came time to have to take them to meet the rainbow bridge, yet i still have nightmares about my dogs from years ago, feeling guilty to have do it but you know it has to be done cause it only gets worse for them.
but no, you don't sound horrible for complaining, vets anymore are just out for the money, they want to retire before they hit 30, we know a vet like that, altho hes not as bad as the one you're talking about, 300. wow i ask for dr.markle when they try to give me the new one, won't take him until dr. markle is no longer there, i waited til dr.markle came in for sadie mae, she knew him and was scared anyway. we have my husbands schipperke, hes only 9 and fairly healthy, he will be the last i think, husband doesn't want another dog and i do have my piggy, maybe one day i will change my mind but for right now i need to grieve :hit

thank you, a vet told me 40 years ago that if i didn't want the pain of losing them, don't get another. i just made it a point to go and get a young one to transfer the love when it came time to have to take them to meet the rainbow bridge, yet i still have nightmares about my dogs from years ago, feeling guilty to have do it but you know it has to be done cause it only gets worse for them.
but no, you don't sound horrible for complaining, vets anymore are just out for the money, they want to retire before they hit 30, we know a vet like that, altho hes not as bad as the one you're talking about, 300. wow i ask for dr.markle when they try to give me the new one, won't take him until dr. markle is no longer there, i waited til dr.markle came in for sadie mae, she knew him and was scared anyway. we have my husbands schipperke, hes only 9 and fairly healthy, he will be the last i think, husband doesn't want another dog and i do have my piggy, maybe one day i will change my mind but for right now i need to grieve :hit
:hugs:hugs
Give yourself whatever time you need, if it is meant to be it will happen on it's own when you are ready, and probably when you least expect it. But it will feel right when you are ready....

I called back the $56 one. This woman had no idea what I was talking about. She actually sounded mad that I thought it was that cheap. $69 just for an exam, $178 for euthanasia.
My sister got into the quest too. I might have a $75 option. Of course quotes/estimates keep changing when I call back to confirm. I’m going to figure out what I can do, then when I can supposedly afford it, I’ll call them myself to see if they change the cost too.

I'm so sorry :( You're not terrible for complaining about the cost, it's a reasonable concern. I think that the vet we were going to go to for Rocky was around $200 but that included cremation and getting his ashes back. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. And you too @sharron , I'm sorry for your pain too :(

Back
Top Bottom