Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

:frow If you are careful to watch their food intake, and get them outside for exercise (they don’t need as much heat, plus no chick needs constant heat), they actually can live to lay eggs.

X2. I successfully raised several up to laying and bred them. I have at least 7 outcrosses from them running around.

Jaebels is still broody. I keep tossing her out of the coop but it isnt doing any good. help!

Do you have a wire dog crate? Set it up on bricks so it's up a couple inches off the ground for airflow under it and so she'll be unable to make a nest. Out a branch or broomstick through the sides for a roost. Keep her it for at least a week if she still tried to bring when you release her, put her back in until she starts laying again.

Hi Everyone,
I know this is a busy thread and a lot of folk talk to each other. About 3 years ago a poultry breeder in Blairsville , PA named Carl Thompson sold a small flock of Light Sussex to a person ( believed to be a gentleman rather than a lady) in Erie, PA. I am seeking to converse with that buyer. If anyone knows anything about this flock I would sure appreciate a heads up. I would like to buy a couple of birds from the person in Erie. Any help anyone can give me is so appreciated. I have been looking for months and had no success locating this buyer. Thanks so much for any help you can give even if it is only a crumb down the grapevine. Please feel free to pass out my email. It is the best way to contact me. Here is my phone 724-420-1358 in case the buyer does not have the internet.
Best Regards,
Karen in Ligonier, PA [email protected]

Hi Everyone,
I know this is a busy thread and a lot of folk talk to each other. About 3 years ago a poultry breeder in Blairsville , PA named Carl Thompson sold a small flock of Light Sussex to a person ( believed to be a gentleman rather than a lady) in Erie, PA. I am seeking to converse with that buyer. If anyone knows anything about this flock I would sure appreciate a heads up. I would like to buy a couple of birds from the person in Erie. Any help anyone can give me is so appreciated. I have been looking for months and had no success locating this buyer. Thanks so much for any help you can give even if it is only a crumb down the grapevine. Please feel free to pass out my email. It is the best way to contact me. Here is my phone 724-420-1358 in case the buyer does not have the internet.
Best Regards,
Karen in Ligonier, PA [email protected]

I cant assist on locating the buyer, but if you do track them down I can assist on transportation of birds or eggs. I am in Erie every weekend through late October. And can get them back to indiana county for a meet place.

Thank you Fisherlady.
I continue to search for them. I am hopeful they still exist because this person bought a bunch of them. The man who sold them ( they were originally my birds which I gifted to the man who sold them). The seller can't remember the buyer's name, sigh. Only he was from Erie. The seller did me good favor vouchsafing the flock for me after storm damage ruined one of my runs. Now I am trying to restart my flock and the flock he had has been dispersed due to his health problems. So I am trying to track the birds down to get stock to restart my flock. I have found one part of it and the new owner gave me free eggs. I have 5 pullets. After 2 years of trying I don't have a cock to head the flock. So I am still trying to find the Erie flock and purchase a studcock.
Best,
Karen

Osprey, hawk or eagle?
I just know that it decapitated three of my girls today and was eating my legbar when I scared it--maybe 60 feet --away. It is still sitting in my cherry tree, waiting for my girls to leave the henhouse. I locked them in. All raptors are protected, I presume? I am not happy---the legbar was my son's favorite...
bird.jpg

Osprey, hawk or eagle?
I just know that it decapitated three of my girls today and was eating my legbar when I scared it--maybe 60 feet --away. It is still sitting in my cherry tree, waiting for my girls to leave the henhouse. I locked them in. All raptors are protected, I presume? I am not happy---the legbar was my son's favorite...
View attachment 1517299
:mad:i like the raptors but thats another kettle of fish when they kill my chickens i have a pair of red tail hawks here but i also have a mob of crows, i make sure that the crows are well taken care of, they chase the hawks away for me

Back
Top Bottom