Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Got my preliminary report back from the euthanized chickens. I knew the roo seemed generally healthy, other than the respiratory symptoms. I was surprised to see that the hen was still laying, I wasn’t sure. She had sure a horrible sound to her, wheezing and coughing a whole lot, for weeks since I’ve gotten her. She had no improvement with the Vetrx, which I have found to be helpful in the past. I’m pretty sure this was the hen that has started new cases of whatever respiratory ailment from which they are
suffering. Thought you guys might like a peek.

@fisherlady Any idea what foci are? Internet seems to indicate that they are abnormal cells, possibly tumor.

View attachment 1508525 View attachment 1508526
i'm dumb, what does this mean? are they still running more test?

It looks to me like test results and conclusion are still pending and will come on the next report. Foci is a fancy work for dots--possibly tumors (and could be benign or cancerous) or just could be ...one of those things. My mom has had one on her lungs for decades and it hasn't ever changed

It looks to me like test results and conclusion are still pending and will come on the next report. Foci is a fancy work for dots--possibly tumors (and could be benign or cancerous) or just could be ...one of those things. My mom has had one on her lungs for decades and it hasn't ever changed

Yep, I also gave them blood samples, so they are probably screening them, or running cultures. Hopefully, I will have more answers in a couple of weeks.

thanks, science wasn't my thing in school

Yep, I also gave them blood samples, so they are probably screening them, or running cultures. Hopefully, I will have more answers in a couple of weeks.

Hey all, I'm here for the moment. Thanks to the heat wave we had last month I lost all my roosters and the damn monsoon from above will not stop so it's been hell trying to get out to the coop. :/ I hope everyone's been doing well though. (wish this rain would go away!)

I think one of the silver ameracaunas might be a roo - if he is, and you want him to replace yours, you can have.
Thank you so much hon I really appreciate it. I gotta get out there when it's not pouring and check everyone's feathers. (I also have a lot of weeds that need to be cut down and controlled, this rain made such a mess and my backyard is a swamp). Susan's convinced I have at least one roo in the young ones out there.

Thank you so much hon I really appreciate it. I gotta get out there when it's not pouring and check everyone's feathers. (I also have a lot of weeds that need to be cut down and controlled, this rain made such a mess and my backyard is a swamp). Susan's convinced I have at least one roo in the young ones out there.
I have a bunch of young Ameraucana roos I am about to free range. I can hold back a few for you. Most are lavender, a few blacks, but all are at least split for lavender and silkied (father was a silkied lavender, both recessive traits, now guaranteed to be in all the offspring).
Let me know if you want any and how many.

Looking for some Guinea fowl in the south central pa area. My neighbor, another chicken nut up the road and myself are trying to find a bunch. Notv wanting to raise keets, looking for teenage to adult range. She went to a couple of the local sale barns and no one had any but the keets for sale. Thank you in advance

There is a good reason for that. They are like homing pigeons, if you want them to free range and stay close by, they should grow up at your place. Keets are a bit sensitive the first week or 2, then I almost never lost any, they are tough little things. Even the first week, most losses are due to shipping stress.
Also, guineas seem to love to stand in the road and dare cars to run over them, so if you are near a major road, don't bother with them, they will all get run over in short order.

Back
Top Bottom