Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

The people behind me must have smart guineas. I keep willing them to let the cars hit them, but the darn things run too fast. It’s not like the cars are going slow either.
:pop I will continue to hope. :lol:

I am glad they are testing negative! Time to pick the brain of whoever runs your county or region ag extension.

I received a call back. It seems that they both tested negative for both illnesses, and the Vet said that they looked healthy otherwise. He suspects they it may have been infectious bronchitis, which is why they sounded so bad.

I do however need to de worm my flock and also treat for coccidosis. I (stupidly) thought that cocci was only a problem in young poultry, but I guess if overgrown, it can become an issue. After describing my Turkeys symptoms to the vet, he suspects they may have Mg. He was also kind enough to say that he could help my vet prescribe something when they get the results in. Fingers crossed!

I received a call back. It seems that they both tested negative for both illnesses, and the Vet said that they looked healthy otherwise. He suspects they it may have been infectious bronchitis, which is why they sounded so bad.

I do however need to de worm my flock and also treat for coccidosis. I (stupidly) thought that cocci was only a problem in young poultry, but I guess if overgrown, it can become an issue. After describing my Turkeys symptoms to the vet, he suspects they may have Mg. He was also kind enough to say that he could help my vet prescribe something when they get the results in. Fingers crossed!
:thumbsup

So, you won't have to cull your entire flock? What great news!

Hi! I've got a bit of a dilemma I'm working through. Brand new to chickens, got 6 chicks from the tractor supply and was told 3 were either white rocks or rhode island whites. Given sudden doubling of size, I posted a few pictures in the "raising chicks" forum and have learned that 3 are most likely Cornish cross. The chicks are my daughter's pets and intended for eggs only. Are there any folks near Malvern, PA that might be interested in my Cornish cross? They are about 2 weeks old. I'd love to trade for egg layers, but I realize that might be a stretch request.

Back
Top Bottom