Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. AnneInTheBurbs

AnneInTheBurbs Crowing

Sep 8, 2013
    Bucks County, Pa
    Thanks dear. It is a very hard decision. But I think it is for the best. It’s not fair to keep birds that keep getting sick. This morning, my silkie who I was taking care of for the past day or so, was dead. I’m not surprised, but it reinforced my decision. I raised her from a chick, and she suffered. I won’t make that mistake again.

sharron likes this.
  2. fisherlady

fisherlady Crowing 5 Years

Anne that is just horrible for you! So sorry that you are going through it. Wish you were closer so I could help take some of the hardest from you. You know we will be here for you though! :hugs

sharron likes this.
  3. sharron

sharron Crowing 8 Years

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    is there any test that you can do to make 100% sure? i hope you're wrong about the coryza but if not, my heart cries for you

4. AnneInTheBurbs

AnneInTheBurbs Crowing

Sep 8, 2013
    Bucks County, Pa
    Yes, I am going to euthanize one of the birds that is sick and send it in. I am going to make some phone calls tomorrow to find exactly where to send it, so that I make sure she is tested for the right illnesses. I’m 99% sure that it is Coryza, simply from the consistency of the birds becoming ill, and the foul odor coming from a couple of the girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: