Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Wish I had known,,,was there 'til the end of the sale myself,,, you didn't happen to buy either of those Austrolorp pullets did you ?

There were a few nice birds last night,,, had to weed out the older and shabby stuff,,, as always.

Hope someone let's me know when everyone decides to meet at the Dragon,,, would love to make sure I'm there !

2. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Sally,,,, We keep our Call Ducks in a coop that has a small attached run, nice sized building, meant for chickens, but we use it for them. Would be nice to have them on wire,,, definitely alot messier than chickens. We put pavers in the run part so it can be hosed down daily..

Why do you ask ? Thinking about some Bantam Ducks ???

3. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    WHAT!! Who?! Lol

Wing, just bring DH along...I'll hold yer number, and when you give me the nod, I BID 4 U!

4. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

SOOO sweet!

5. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

What's the difference between call ducks and muscovies?

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    oh Ray!!! I am going to try my hand at ancona hatching eggs from sara... she is posting them to me and I will set them for the NYD hatchalong with BYC......

Actually I was going to ask you and Heather if you had any LF cochin HENS Black and Blue to add to these three I have now..... I am thinking just one more black and one more blue close to laying or laying already..... I have the blue Roo from heather.... who is growing bigger every day!

ADDING...... Dont wire bother their feet? I would hate wire LOL wonder if skids with screening on would work though? just a thought

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Funny... I was actually thinking the same thing! I love my little bantam cochins. Thinking maybe I need some LF, too!

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

9. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Call Ducks are unbelievably cute...sorry, biased here.

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I am heading for a nap.... seriously not feeling well lately.... it hits me like a rock and I am done... and then after I rest a tad I am good for an hour or two and then bam....

ugggggg now I know how asthmatics feel not being able to breath, it really really sucks!!!! takes a great toll on your system,
    poor Talyn, my oldest son 25, has had if since a baby, and never outgrew it : (

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by